cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Making it tough is there a law against this???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA Making it tough is there a law against this???

Ok first I know there are no CA that make it easy, some are just better to deal with than others.  One company Rossman & Co.  is really sticking it to me.  I have four collection accounts there two of them I just paid off and two others to go.  I want them to send me a letter or fax it to me stating this is paid in full and the balance is zero but they are telling me it is their company policy that they do not send letters like that while they have other accounts that need paid.  I can not see how that is legal.  The debt is paid and they will not give me anything that says that.  Do they have to furnish me with some form of proof this is paid or do I just have to send a verification letter to the bureau's??
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA Making it tough is there a law against this???

Ok so they want you to pay for info.

I take it that they are repording or did you get a letter????

Send them a seperate DV letter for each account.  Make them answer and do not talk to them.CMRRR

When you made payment  how  with a check?  did you have the account # on it that you paid them for?

Never give bank account info. to any CA!!!!!!  mail them a cretified check with their co.name as payee.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-04-2008 02:16 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.