Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA SOLD OR TRANSFERRED ACCOUNT BUT STILL REPORTING BALANCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA SOLD OR TRANSFERRED ACCOUNT BUT STILL REPORTING BALANCE

Hi,

problem is I have several old account all charge offs and I have called to settle the accounts but the CA that is showing on my credit report no longer has the account but they are still reporting a balance owed.  How can I get this deleted from my report or at least get the balanced reported as zero since I no longer owe them anything since they do not hold the account??  I have sent a dispute letter to all CRA's and challenged the accounts will that be enough?

Thanks
Matt
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: CA SOLD OR TRANSFERRED ACCOUNT BUT STILL REPORTING BALANCE

Should be enough to dispute with the CRAs incorrect balance.  You might get lucky like I did and actually have some deleted totally.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should get deleted!   If it doesn't  send the CRA  an  MOV  CMRRR

At the same time DV the CA  CMRRR
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same problem called the CA to settle accounts they no longer had those accounts but still showing on CR submitted a dispute and TU deleted all had about 3 or 4. if it doesn't go through the first time try again they will have to delet it.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC is still reporting & you DO  owe   try to PFD the OC    It is better to deal with the OC if you can
Message 5 of 6
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

It was not enough to dispute on my cr. It came back as verified, even tho I have a letter from another ca that they bought the debt. So I sent letter to cb and asked for MOV
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.