Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA buying another CA's account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA buying another CA's account

CBCS sent a letter stating a debt collection for Midland Credit. Does this constitute them buying the account from Midland, i.e. Midland cannot report the account anymore?

I'm about to just say screw it and DV Midland.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: CA buying another CA's account

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!
What that means is they are too lazy to deal with it and sent it to someone else to collect for them.
Unfortunatley Midland will still report, and now possibly the other will too.
Legal? You got me, it is their world and they expect us to live in it.
If I am not mistaken Midland has to show a 0 blance but still a collection and a comment somewhere along the lines of transfered to another DEPARTMENT. BUT that is only if the other pops up on your CR.

Now I do know this, if you dispute Midland and by chance they sell it to the other one they have to tell the other CA that the account they just aquired is in dispute and the new CA has to validate, often times with it is handed down to someone else they get limited info and have to send you a letter stating that they must inquire for all info from Midland before answering your DV, If Midland has washed their hands of it they don't have to send the new CA a thing, hince no validate no report.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If midland SOLD the account  they can not validate anymore.......doesn't mean that they won't.....but violation.

Is this past SOL ???
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If midland SOLD the account they can not validate anymore.......doesn't mean that they won't.....but violation.
Is this past SOL ???

I'm not sure if they sold it...CBCS hasn't shown up on my CRs yet, so I'm guessing not.

I'm glad you mentioned the SOL b/c my CR shows only a DOLA (March 2004), no DOFD. I checked my Experian report and it has the account to be removed on Sept 2010, so they are obviously using this DOLA as DOFD. I don't have any proof of DOFD for this account, so am I basically screwed? I haven't called Equifax but I'm not feeling very hopeful. Good thing is I can DV over SOL next month, though I'm guessing I'll have to wait until the end of the month.
Message 4 of 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I would DV them to see if they validate.
DOLA is according to the CA not the OC.
Do you even have the OC still showing on your CR?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland if they sold or assigned the account (and the other CA is reporting) is 'suppose' to remove - this is according to CDIA guidelines  Many times CAs will farm out (assiign) their accounts(guess they don't have the manpower or want another CA to try because they have had no luck collecting) and the second one doesn't report - if no success from the 2nd it goes back to the 1st.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.