cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA telling me it's "illegal" to remove PIF collection from CR?!?!

tag
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

CA telling me it's "illegal" to remove PIF collection from CR?!?!

First of all, thanks to everyone on this site. It has been an AMAZING asset for me as I try to rebuild/improve my credit. However, I've ran into a problem. I have 3 old medical CA accounts (all from the same CA and all from the same hospital visit) that I PIF in July 2011. I called and asked for a PFD (after I had already paid off the collections. That was before I knew about this site) and the CA was very rude and said it's "illegal" for them to remove something off my CR??? Is this true?? Should I try contacting the OC and see what they can do or am I just stuck with these baddies?? These are the ONLY baddies on my CR and I'd like to see them go bye-bye. ANY help/info/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks so much Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA telling me it's "illegal" to remove PIF collection from CR?!?!

OP, please avoid cross-posting with the same question. Thread locked to direct others here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/CA-telling-me-it-s-quot-illegal-quot-to-delet...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.