cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA validated disputes when they don't own the debt, past SOL, & OC was bought by another company?

tag
DarlingNicky

CA validated disputes when they don't own the debt, past SOL, & OC was bought by another company?

I'm seeking wisdom about what to do in this situation. Financial Credit Network has listed $197 CO on all 3 of my CR's. OC is Blue Casa Communications. I never received a dunning notice from either company. I found out when I checked my CR's. I disputed with all 3 CRA's CMRRR in March 2013 & results were verified by Financial Credit Network. I contacted the CA & told them I was never notified about this alleged debt & asked did they own the account. The woman told me they never bought the account from Blue Casa Communications. I called Blue Casa "Telephone now" & asked for proof of charges because I never received anything from them. I'm disputing the alleged amount owed. Blue Casa Telephone said  they wouldn't send me anything in writing & the bill is $196.81 not $197. The lady "Nancy" proceeded to tell me that they take credit & debit cards over the phone or I could send a check or money order made payable to Blue Casa Telephone not  Blue Casa Communications.

I ended the call & never admitting to the alleged debt or that I was aware of the SOL in California (4yrs). I did a search for Blue Casa Communications & came across a public notice listed on the FCC website: FCC

On February 7th 2011 an application was filed for the "Aquisition Of Assets Of  Blue Casa Communications, INC By Blue Casa Telephone, LLC.

Legally can Financial Credit Network validate my disputes with the CRA's with 6 year old info from a company that no longer exists?

Should I send a DV notice to Financial Credit Network?

When Blue Casa Telephone aquired the assets of Blue Casa Communications did that include debt in CO that the SOL had expired on?

I'm also curious as to why "Nancy" was specific about making a payment made out to Blue Casa Telephone & not  Blue Casa Communications?

I know that legally Blue Casa Telephone doesn't have to validate the debt but why no mention about the alleged debt being sent to a CA & refusing to verify the debt in writing?

I don't think that Financial Credit Network is even aware that Blue Casa Communications was aquired by Blue Casa Telephone. I'm also not sure if Blue Casa Telephone uses Financial Credit Network. This CO is the only negative item listed on all 3 CR's. Scheduled to fall off of 2 CR's in 2/14 & the other in 3/14.  Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

TR:676/ EQ:677/ EX:?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA validated disputes when they don't own the debt, past SOL, & OC was bought by another com

When you dispute with the CRAs, it is the CRAs (not the CA in this case - FCN) that verifies the dispute, or updates or deletes it depending on what they find. Have you mailed the CA a DV letter?

A CA can report without owning the debt. They can report if they own or were assigned the debt.

Keep bugging the OC for info. I wouldn't worry about the differences in name; they are one in the same based on the company name of "Blue Casa". But keep bugging the OC and you'll eventually get to the bottom of that bit of info. Call and write.

Ignore the balance differences. IME some of my CRs rounded.

Debts can get sold and collected on long past SOL. SOL is based on state law and has nothing to do with reporting. I have one CA chasing after me even though SOL expired over 11 years ago. In my example, they cannot sue and they cannot report.

The CRAs can verify the info even if the debt transferred within the company. Even assuming it is two different and unrelated companies, the debt can still be verified (e.g. plenty of folks in here are stuck with baddies from the HSBC days now that CapOne took over).

Yes, send a DV CMRRR ASAP to the CA.

Even if the debt is bad, an acquiring company can take over that debt and can continue to report, or farm it out to collections.

Without googling, I think they were always one in the same company. If I start a company called Smallville Heating and Air, and register it in any given state as a corp., no other company from that state can have the same business name. Moreover, no other company can have a similar name (assuming Smallville isn't ubiquitous) like Smallville Air and Heating, or the like. Legally it cannot happen. However, if I start Smallville Heating and Air and start a subsidiary of Smallville Air and Heating, then I can transfer that company from entity A to B and record the sale price, stock transfers, etc. In other words, Blue Casa Telecom and Blue Casa COM were always the same company. They just trasitioned from pt. A to pt. B for whatever reason.

The CSR probably didn't mention the CA because if you paid the CA the $$$ would go back to the Telecom anyway. I think she was trying to cut them out. IME,  I had a herd of debts when starting on here. Most all of the OCs refused to provide anything in writing. It's normal to deny a request like that. However if you keep it in wiriting only they have to respond via mail and that could produce some of the results you are looking for.

If the CA reports, mail the CA a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send the CA a PFD. If only the OC reports, then mail them a PFD. If you feel you disagree with the debt (e.g. balance), then ask in writing from both to provide a breakdown how they got to $x. Legally they don't have to provide all of that but it never hurts to ask. If you know the debt isn't yours, then call the police and get a report filed for ID theft. Then use that report to dispute it off.

Message 2 of 3
DarlingNicky

Re: CA validated disputes when they don't own the debt, past SOL, & OC was bought by another com

When you dispute with the CRAs, it is the CRAs (not the CA in this case - FCN) that verifies the dispute, or updates or deletes it depending on what they find. Have you mailed the CA a DV letter? No I haven't. I was waiting to get a response from someone in the forum with more knowledge about this situation than I currently have.

Thank you so much for explaining things to me with simplicity.  I'm truly irked by this whole situation. I will DV the CA tomorrow CMRRR. I want to buy my first car through Toyota's first time buyer's program but you can't have anything negative on your CR's. This blemish would be the only thing that would prevent me from qualifying. I have $6000 saved up towards a 2013 Toyota Corolla SE. If they don't validate I'll send a PFD. If they don't agree I guess I'll have to wait till March 2013 & it will age off  all 3 of my CR's. I've had my current used car for 12 years. I think it's time for a new one.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.