Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA vs OC Recovery Dept.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA vs OC Recovery Dept.

I have a Citibank account that is in default.  It went to collections, but I don't want to deal with the CA.  I called Citi's recovery department and sat on hold for 45 minutes.

I spoke to a person about my account, and they told me it was with a CA.  I asked what would happen if I sent a Cease & Desist to the CA, would it then go back to the recovery department.

She said no.  A C & D would also prevent them from dealing with me.

That really made no sense to me since they are part of Citi.

Does anyone else have experience with Citibank and what I should do?  (besides not talk on the phone with anyone Smiley Wink ).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA vs OC Recovery Dept.

What is the DOFD/DOLA   and what is your SOL?   NEVER send a C&D  when you are within SOL......the next notice that you receive could be a summons to appear!!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is well within SOL.   A C & D only affects a CA, and sure an OC could sue, but they could sue at anytime.

However, I really don't want to deal with the CA on this issue, so what do you suggest?

I could just wait and hide, or try to work out a repayment plan with Citi.  Or offer a portion of the debt in an OIC.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the address on your CR and send a PFD to citi.  All they can say is no. They might come back with a counter offer........but you want it off your CR if poss.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.