Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARDS

Capital one is not reporting my actual credit limit and that is hurting my fico score.Does anyone have a solution to this?.I called capital one several times to complain but i was told its a company policy.I  rea
lly need help with this.Thanks
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARDS

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one is not reporting my actual credit limit and that is hurting my fico score.Does anyone have a solution to this?.I called capital one several times to complain but i was told its a company policy.I rea
lly need help with this.Thanks

tuscani has explained the cure for this a number of times. Run the card as close to the limit as possible w/o allowing any finance charge to put you over the limit then pay the card off in full.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, what you can do is, you can wait until near the statement closing date, and then go buy something expensive, portable, and returnable. Wait until after the statement closes, and then take it back.
Message 3 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

CAP1 says that will start reporting limits this fall.. we shall see.
Message 4 of 10
determined_1

I asked this same question earlier this week (before noticing it's come up various times before).  They are correct.  Cap One reports on your statement date, mine is the 11th.   Just make sure your payment posts on or before the 11th.  For May's reporting, Equifax just updated showing a zero balance and my score jumped 20 points!!!! TU and EX has yet to update, I'm hoping they will as I've read they don't like reporting the zero balances.
If they don't, I know to at least keep 1-9% remaining on the statement date.

Thanks for the help!!!!!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the good suggestions you gave me hopefully it works thankyou again.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have other debts, check with Cap 1 and find out the APR on BTs. Do a BT. I did that to max out my Cap 1 card. Gonna pay the minimum, let it report that way, then next month pay it down to under 9% util.
Message 7 of 10
UnderEstimated
Contributor

I called Capital One today because my credit report still reflected an extremely low balance of $8 (which also showed as my credit limit) from the first month I opened the card.  The representative informed me that in October I should expect them to start reporting credit limits.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
CAP1 says that will start reporting limits this fall.. we shall see.

Yeah, and I hear that global warming is reversing itself in he11 ...
Message 9 of 10
UnderEstimated
Contributor

I'm not going to say it's 100% true, but a Capital One Rep. told me today that it has those changes planned for its policy coming in October.  But, seeing is believing. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by UnderEstimated on 05-17-2007 09:04 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.