cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Company Said to Contact Credit Bureau Not Them to Ask for...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC Company Said to Contact Credit Bureau Not Them to Ask for...

I contacted my credit card company over the phone and spoke with an account manager for which I plan to pay off the last of my $5,000 debt next month with them. I asked if they would remove some of the adverse late payments from my accounts which they are reporting to the credit bureaus, because of all the effort I've been doing to bring my balance down to zero so quickly. They said they're unable to assist, because I need to contact the credit bureau to dispute the late payments. The company said although they do report my credit information to the credit bureaus each month, they do so only one month at a time, and the bureaus hold record of my credit history, which is why I need to contact the credit bureaus. I said politely that disputing the charges is not the issue and probably won't work, because the late payments are correct -- I'm simply asking if some of the late payments with my account could be removed as a sign of good faith for all my efforts to rebuild my relationship with FIA card services by paying off my entire debt with them of $5,000 in a single year. Again, they said there was nothing FIA could do for my request and to contact the credit bureaus to dispute the late payments.

This conversation sounded very odd to me, because I didn't know these letters I've been writing should be sent to the credit bureaus and not the the credit card companies. I've sent about 2 of them now and I've been working on more, but should I be taking the company's advice and write these letters to the credit bureaus?

Message Edited by evan on 06-26-2007 04:29 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Company Said to Contact Credit Bureau Not Them to Ask for...

GW letters should be sent to the OC. The person on the phone has no idea.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.