Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Debt free at Last.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Debt free at Last.

Congratulations!

I just recently became CC debt free, it's a wonderful feeling.  Another great feeling is going from paying down debt every month to paying into savings every month.  I find myself doing all sorts of things to try to get more money in the bank sooner.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should know that feeling in a year or so.  Negotiated/paid the two largest cards that had filed against me and should have the next two filers paid within six months.  After that pay off the remaining two cards that did not file against me.  Then all my money goes into the bank for a house.

Never again will I go into $90K+ CC debt to 'help' a family member like I did before.  In fact make that 'any' CC debt for them.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That is the best feeling in the world!!!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a toast for being CC debt free.  Congrats.

Whether it CC debt free or flat out debt free, it's an incredible feeling.  Savor it for as long as you can.  The feeling becomes more gratifying over time.  Bask in it. Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 15
Woodpaq

Ahhhh, the newness of it all.  I unfortunately got into debt bad in the 2001-2003 recession, and it tripled in marriage, but now moving on, I hope to join you in about the next 2 months.  Currently I have about just under 5,000.00 and as a previous posted mentioned, it takes hard work and focus to avoid these temptations to get there.  So far I paid off 18,000.00 since June last summer. 

Yes, I LIVED at work almost, but hey, it doesn't seem like such a waste of time as I thought now that I'm so close.  Cool thing is, my debt is also at 1.9% interest, and has always been rolled over and rolled over again to zeros and low interest rates.  Thank God for my credit remaining high through all this mess.  I hope you fellow posters are also planning on being the "Biggest Losers".......I'll race ya!!!!!!Smiley Wink

05/20/10

EQ: 782

TU: 776

EX: 780

Credit Karma: 789

12/19/2008 Eq. 749 Ex. 741 Tu. 750
03/05/2009 Eq. 748 Ex. 765 Tu. 786
07/15/2010 Eq: 798 Ex: 797 TU: 795
07/25/2013 Eq. 802 Ex. 811 Tu. 805
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.