Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC monthly reporting to credit agencies

tag
coonasty
Established Member

CC monthly reporting to credit agencies

will some cards out of the blue just not make a monthly report to credit agencies?  just gone back over the past year + and every month my 5 cards have made their report on about the same day each month without missing.  out of the blue one that should have reported about jan 3rd and one that should have reported on about jan 10 still havent shown up on credit report.  

should i call each of them and report that?  is there something going on I should look into or not worry about it?  TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: CC monthly reporting to credit agencies

Don't worry about it. Certainly don't bother to call them about it.

From time to time, issuers will change their reporting dates, or even miss a month completely. It happens. Generally doesn't matter (unless you were specifically waiting for an account pay-down/pay-off to report, anyway).

Remember, a "no data" month is scored exactly the same as an "OK" month.  Lots of green checkmarks or "OK"s may look pretty, but they have no effect.  It's only the presence of negative items that matter - if the month is not reported as 30/60/90/120+/CO, etc... it's assumed to be "good".

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah SSFCU sometimes goes months of no reporting activity on my card, it doesn’t really have any bearing on anything when they do finally report. 

Message 3 of 7
coonasty
Established Member

ah ok thx for replies.  I actually did make a huge payment on my chase card that I had bought some new equipment on a few months ago.  went from 80% utilization to paid off and Im anxious to see what that does to my score as im a fico peeper and of course it didnt report this month lol

Message 4 of 7
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Chase generally reports mid-cycle whenever your balance hits zero.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 5 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

And Chase will report whenever you call and ask them to, so go ahead and make that request if you'd like. You should also find out what happened because this is unusual. They'd probably like to know what happened too.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO as long as you do not have a "Red Mark" or "late" then you are good, and there is nothing to worry about unless you are drastically trying to lower the DTI

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.