Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT vs. scoresense.com

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

CCT vs. scoresense.com

It appears that I'm blocked temporarily from CCT. I cancelled my trial via email, yet received no confirmation email as I usually do. Went on the CCT site and found an old Experian score (not current) and inability to get the other two scores. So, after seeing their ad I jumped over to scoresense.com. it gave me the 7 day trial for $1 and all of the other stuff that CCT gives. They also seem to have about the same number of complaints on ripoffreport.com.

Can you tell me why one is better than the other?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCT vs. scoresense.com

Here's a quote from the SS Terms and Conditions page:

You further acknowledge and agree that any credit scores provided to you as part of the Services are not FICO scores.

Here's a general approach that will work for assessing a credit monitoring service.  Look at the main page.  If it refers only to "credit scores" but not "FICO scores" then the scores they are providing are almost certainly not FICO scores.  You can typically get this confirmed on the web sites T&C page.

Message 2 of 11
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Message 3 of 11
iv
Valued Contributor

Wow. Not only are they charging for VantageScore 3.0... these are the same guys who run "nationalcreditreport.com" in a transparent attempt to confuse people looking for the real annualcreditreport.com!

(And apparently own dozens of other keyword-spam credit related domains: https://secure.nationalcreditreport.com/us/ssig/properties.aspx )

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Think cct is just having issues. I was unable to log in yesterday. Haven't tried today

Message 5 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Just tried. I was able to log in no problem

Message 6 of 11
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

I'm able to login, but I can only see my Experian score and not the others (which is what I'd expect after I cancelled the free trial). However, I never got an email acknowledgement of the cancellation, as I always do and I don't get the invitation to sign up for another free trial after I log in.
Message 7 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Isn't the trial limited to once every 30 days?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner

Isn't the trial limited to once every 30 days?

No.  You can start another CCT $1 trial as soon as you'd like after cancelling one.  In fact, CCT actually shoves another trial down your throat the first time you log in following the cancellation of one... "Congratulations!  You're eligible for another trial membership" is the first thing you see upon logging in.

Message 9 of 11
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Yes, but I'm not getting that. Nor an acknowledgement of my cancellation. But, they haven't charged me, either.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.