Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIC/TRILEGENT HARD PULL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CIC/TRILEGENT HARD PULL

I signed up for FAST3Credit Scores to try their service yesterday.  I see a hard pull on my credit report.  If I am checking my own credit why are they doing a hard pull.  Is this counted against me.  I promptly got a notice that my credit score decreased 2 points directly after this pull.

I also saw a hard pull when I signed up for Privacy Guard. They also have some connection to this Trilegent.

I always thought checking your own credit was a soft pull and not counted against you.

Anyone familiar with this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CIC/TRILEGENT HARD PULL

Bump. Know Im 6 months late but...

I am really interested in hearing thoughts and actions this user can take as this is clearly unfair as its widely known checking your own scores or 'monitoring' should be soft pulls and not Hard Inquires that negatively effect FICO scores for 6-12 months and remain for 24 months. Unless these companies offered additonal potional credit seeking / getting services I think they should be removed.

My advice is to contact each of them and ask the HP be removed right away.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CIC/TRILEGENT HARD PULL

@Anonymous wrote:

Bump. Know Im 6 months late but...

I am really interested in hearing thoughts and actions this user can take as this is clearly unfair as its widely known checking your own scores or 'monitoring' should be soft pulls and not Hard Inquires that negatively effect FICO scores for 6-12 months and remain for 24 months. Unless these companies offered additonal potional credit seeking / getting services I think they should be removed.

My advice is to contact each of them and ask the HP be removed right away.

I'm still around and have not gotten this issue resolved.  I did cancel Privacy Guard.  I have not seen anything else since my original question.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.