Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Aadvantage alternative for Virtual Acct Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Aadvantage alternative for Virtual Acct Card

Been a loyal CITI advantage for 5 years but they converted my card last month without notice and all of a sudden I receive same card type with new number and expiration with no more virtual account number feauture (which is something I utilize a love) 

I don't really need the miles as i don't fly AA, but wouldn't want to close the card and affect my score. I just recently had a credit line increase back in March so I feel bad if I close this.

any advice if I should request a conversion to another card type that has great points and virtual account that's equivalent to the qualities of Aadvantage?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI Aadvantage alternative for Virtual Acct Card

Rewards+ and Double Cash have it. 

Capital One cards have it too. 

I wish it was a more common feature. 

You do have to enroll into it with Citi though. Have you tried the login on this page to see if your card shows the enrollment link? New card could have unenrolled you. 

https://www.cardbenefits.citi.com/Products/Virtual-Account-Numbers

Message 2 of 6
Deuter
Regular Contributor

I have it in my Double Cash and Citi Prestige. I never had it in my AAdvantage Platinum Smiley Tongue

I think it is a nice add but now security measures like with 3DS 2, Mastercard ID check etc... are making this Virtual Account Numbers a thing of the past because they are getting more secure. It is a nice intermediary measure, an extra capacity but i think at times could be more cumbersome than necessary. Anyways, its always nice to have the option!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice for me to have it without co-sign my account? Would they allow converting it to something better? Is double cash better than thank you points?

Message 4 of 6
Deuter
Regular Contributor

The Double Cash will earn cashback by default and then you can covert the cashback to TY points. My Citi account is mine but just in case my parents are signers of the acct. I have never thought of this but never had run into troubles because i am the main signer in citi relationship overall. I Would guess you wouldn't have much troubles as i have my Mom & Dad registered on my acct and everytime i do a PC i have not been asked zippo nada... about other signers?

As i think this is a personal decision because the CC account is only under my name and as far as i know the bank handles CC accts separate than their banking so i think the cosigner thing is not much relevant? Well thats what i deduce from my tenure with citi. 

Message 5 of 6
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

I tried to find it for my Aadvantage as well and failed.

I don't think it is offered for co-branded cards.

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.