cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK FAKO score 74% to 79% credit utilization results in a 34 point hit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK FAKO score 74% to 79% credit utilization results in a 34 point hit?

So I noticed with the CK VantageScore a 74% to 79% credit utilization results in a 34 point hit? In my case it's only a $92 increase. Somehow taking my credit utilization from 66% to 74% didn't change it much at all. What is this nonsense? 

I know it's not FICO so perhaps this is meaningless? 

Comments? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: CK FAKO score 74% to 79% credit utilization results in a 34 point hit?

Well, if the thresholds are 65% & 75% it makes total sense. While VS is gaining traction it's still a basic monitoring tool. Unless you're trying to make some credit moves with a creditor using VS3 it's useless...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CK FAKO score 74% to 79% credit utilization results in a 34 point hit?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I noticed with the CK VantageScore a 74% to 79% credit utilization results in a 34 point hit? In my case it's only a $92 increase. Somehow taking my credit utilization from 66% to 74% didn't change it much at all. What is this nonsense? 

I know it's not FICO so perhaps this is meaningless? 

Comments? 

Meaningless or not is in the eye of the beholder, but "highly irrelevant" would be a fitting term.

I wouldn't say it's nonsense as you put it.  It's an algorithm and one that simply differs from Fico.  I know nothing about VS 3.0 utilization threshold points, where they're fairly well documented for Fico algorithms.  If you crossed a significant utilization threshold, perhaps that caused your score drop.  Or, perhaps it was something else completely.  It is what it is and since very few lenders would use that score, it's nothing to sweat on your end.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.