Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK & Credit wise Score simulator points error help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK & Credit wise Score simulator points error help

Hey everyone, I had a wierd error happen on both Credit Karma score simulator and on credit wise from cap one. I had put "close oldest cc account" (which in my case is a Amex Authorized user card from 7 yr 6 mo ago) and my score actually jumps 9 points. Now I thought its a fluke on CK but than i looked for another simulator that has that option "to close oldest acct" which was credit wise from my cap one card and it gave me same exact score change, going up by 9 points. I looked and my CCT dosent have that option in its simulator to "close oldest cc acct". So I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about that or is it just some Bull. Maybe the fact that its an authorized user card has something to do with it? I know CK and Credit wise are FAKO maybe thats a reason also. Anyway thanks for any insight. (btw my next oldest open acct is 2 years 8 months.)

Here are screen shots : 

CK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14IF6ZHo7NSTjRIZjViYjRwNU0/view?usp=sharing

Credit wise : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14IF6ZHo7NSZGxDWEp5LVRGU1U/view?usp=sharing

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CK & Credit wise Score simulator points error help

Both CK and CW are Vantage 3.0 scores, not FICO scores like you get from CCT so it's apples to oranges in terms of comparison.

I honestly think simulators are garbage.  ALL simulators, not just FAKO ones.  The FICO simulator on this site at best gets within 60 points of my score.  For me personally, I think they are all trash and they are never indicative of my scores or what would happen to my scores if I did X or changed Y.  Some have reported success with using simulators, but not me.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Don't rely on simulators and see the Closing Credit Cards thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky in the Credit Cards subforum.  However, keep in mind that accounts where one is an AU are not always considered by scoring models and creditors anyway.

Also keep in mind the relevance of a given model & CRA combo to a given creditor/product.  Even if the CK and CW simulators were totally accurate that would only matter to creditors that actually use a VantageScore 3.0 in the credit decision.  While there are some that use VantageScores, most use a FICO model and there are even some that don't use either.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Don't rely on simulators and see the Closing Credit Cards thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky in the Credit Cards subforum.  However, keep in mind that accounts where one is an AU are not always considered by scoring models and creditors anyway.

Also keep in mind the relevance of a given model & CRA combo to a given creditor/product.  Even if the CK and CW simulators were totally accurate that would only matter to creditors that actually use a VantageScore 3.0 in the credit decision.  While there are some that use VantageScores, most use a FICO model and there are even some that don't use either.

+1

This really does sum it all up.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't rely on those fakos.  I can say that the simulator on here and Experian are pretty accurate.  Haven't done me wrong yet. (knock on wood)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.