cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK claims Vantage 3.0 is used by....

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: CK claims Vantage 3.0 is used by....

geesh.....? another FAKO to muddy the water.  On TU site my Vantage score is over 900 don't know if this is a different version but on CK it is 730.  CK use to show my TU site Vantage score.  EX now shows FICO, EQ shows their own proprietary score.  All these scores are confusing and the more that pops up lessens their validity.  Hope lenders stick with FICO scores for now

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You kinda have to take into consideration that vantage was created to make scoring newer histories easier. It is designed to more heavily weight the last 24 months. So perhaps when the pull someone with less history they use a vantage score. Not to mention they may use vantage or fico or some other internal model at times to compare how the scoring models actually project default rates. If chase issues x number of cards per year, maybe 60 percent get scored on fico 20 percent vantage and 20 percent on a random internal score. As those accounts age they can see default rates based on the score and scoring model and adjust their use of each score.

Message 12 of 20
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You kinda have to take into consideration that vantage was created to make scoring newer histories easier. It is designed to more heavily weight the last 24 months. So perhaps when the pull someone with less history they use a vantage score. Not to mention they may use vantage or fico or some other internal model at times to compare how the scoring models actually project default rates. If chase issues x number of cards per year, maybe 60 percent get scored on fico 20 percent vantage and 20 percent on a random internal score. As those accounts age they can see default rates based on the score and scoring model and adjust their use of each score.

ok......sounds like a good theory....but in reality who knows what the heck is going on as if 1 version of a particular score is not enough......everybody seems to have multiple versions of the same score......except the consumer.  For me there is a big difference in the TU Vantage Score >900 and the CK Vantage Score 730.........sure it is for the lenders too.

Message 13 of 20
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Arrrhg..........just checked my CK.......they dropped three new accounts and my score to 722 now.........What the heck is this all about other than proving you cannot trust CK monitoring........but then it is FREESmiley LOL

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

Arrrhg..........just checked my CK.......they dropped three new accounts and my score to 722 now.........What the heck is this all about other than proving you cannot trust CK monitoring........but then it is FREESmiley LOL

Not to be humorous ... but, sometimes we get what we pay for Smiley Wink Yes, the whole credit scoring system is confused by all the options and providers. How do we know? Best guess is if we could at least find a scoring system (available to consumers) that would give us some close idea! Yeah ... I know dream on Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Said credit card acquisition risk score, 250 to 900. Didn't match my vantage 2 nor 3. Used EQ, was 5 points away from my fico 08, which makes sense since the bottom and top vary by 50 pts, so still the same.

Got lowest rate apr for product, and decent starting limit, can't complain. But chase isn't using it, they are obviously big enough to use their own scoring.

PS, vantage 3 claims those secured installment loans are not installment, they list the reports the same way. This is a change from the old ck, and the fico scoring here. Just an FYI.

PPS, my CU uses fico 04, while TU showed 746 here, the installment loan bumped it up considerably for their scoring model pulled Friday, scored at 728. Not bad, leaning over 720 everywhere except with vantage 3 (Eq updated with cli to 5k from Amex, so is 726, TU not updated until 25th, so looking at 717).

250-900 is a FIco Bankcard Enhanced score range

Message 16 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Said credit card acquisition risk score, 250 to 900. Didn't match my vantage 2 nor 3. Used EQ, was 5 points away from my fico 08, which makes sense since the bottom and top vary by 50 pts, so still the same.

Got lowest rate apr for product, and decent starting limit, can't complain. But chase isn't using it, they are obviously big enough to use their own scoring.

PS, vantage 3 claims those secured installment loans are not installment, they list the reports the same way. This is a change from the old ck, and the fico scoring here. Just an FYI.

PPS, my CU uses fico 04, while TU showed 746 here, the installment loan bumped it up considerably for their scoring model pulled Friday, scored at 728. Not bad, leaning over 720 everywhere except with vantage 3 (Eq updated with cli to 5k from Amex, so is 726, TU not updated until 25th, so looking at 717).

+1, did it have the FICO® trademark?

        
Message 17 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Chase calls it the Card Acquisition Risk Score, credit score, but no mention of Fico.

Signature needs updating
Message 18 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Chase calls it the Card Acquisition Risk Score, credit score, but no mention of Fico.

Sounds internal, I've never heard of a FICO being provided without the trademark as I think they have to disclose the fact it was from FICO though I'm uncertain on that one.

        
Message 19 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

geesh.....? another FAKO to muddy the water.  On TU site my Vantage score is over 900 don't know if this is a different version but on CK it is 730.  CK use to show my TU site Vantage score.  EX now shows FICO, EQ shows their own proprietary score.  All these scores are confusing and the more that pops up lessens their validity.  Hope lenders stick with FICO scores for now

That's why I don't recommend fixating on specific numbers.  Focus on the data in your reports.  Good reports will lead to good scores.

If you want to rely on a score then you need to ensure that the creditor you're applying to uses the same scoring model and CRA.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.