Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK says I have very good odds for....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK says I have very good odds for....

.....a Citi Double Cash.  My  score on CK is 70 pts higher than MyFico.  It went on to tell me my odds for Discover It was just "good."

So I went over to the Citi pre qual page and came up no offer for Double Cash Smiley Sad

Then I went over to the Discover Pre qual and I do indeed have a offer.

So what gives??  LOL  The fact CK says I have very good odds for the Double worth the bandwith it is using?  I kinda got hyped up because it is the only card I'd come outta the garden for.  Is there any need to apply if you're NOT on the prequal list?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CK says I have very good odds for....

Discover pre qual is not very accurate.Mickey mouse got the same prequals i did, with a ss# of 0666. SATANS MOUSE.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

.....a Citi Double Cash.  My  score on CK is 70 pts higher than MyFico.  It went on to tell me my odds for Discover It was just "good."

So I went over to the Citi pre qual page and came up no offer for Double Cash Smiley Sad

Then I went over to the Discover Pre qual and I do indeed have a offer.

So what gives??  LOL  The fact CK says I have very good odds for the Double worth the bandwith it is using?  I kinda got hyped up because it is the only card I'd come outta the garden for.  Is there any need to apply if you're NOT on the prequal list?

Just as discover preapprovals are worthless so are CK suggestions.  They are paid to promote those cards.  You're better to check the Citi preapproval link

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never base decisions on what CK suggests .
Message 4 of 6
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

CKs job is to get you to app for everything, how they make money.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So what gives?

Stop relying on CK and offers/prequals.  Neither guarantee that you will get approved or denied.  Both are just marketing.  CK gets a referral fee.  Creditors use prequals and offers to push products.  Don't let marketing determine the cards you apply for.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.