Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK vs CCT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK vs CCT

From what I've picked up here..I should use CK as a guide to what is on the report and I should ignore the score.

Credit Karma lists my 30 day lates and being removed however CCT lists them. Both reports pulled on the same day.

What gives?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: CK vs CCT

Not sure as there could be several reasons. I'd tend to go by CCT first. But to be sure, look up your true reports from one of the annual free sites to verify the info.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is CCT a true credit report? Meaning is the same report as if generated by annual report dot com?
Message 3 of 8
Marcos8
Established Contributor

On what bureau are you seeing this discrepancy? CCT is daily EX and monthly TU and EQ. Credit Karma is weekly TU and EQ. Make sure you are comparing like bureau to like bureau and that you are viewing the most updated versions of the reports you are comparing. 

Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
From what I've picked up here..I should use CK as a guide to what is on the report and I should ignore the score.

Don't rely on such oversimplifications though that meme is popular here and on other credit sites.

For any score you need to consider the CRA and the specific scoring model.   You also need to consider the relevance of the CRA/model combo to specific creditors/products.  They do not all use the same model.  They do not all use the same CRA.  Both have an impact on the number generated.  Even with FICO there are a number of different models used by creditors that can impact the number generated as different scoring models evalute report data differently.  You can use resources such as the Credit Pulls Database (Google to find) to determine the CRA's and models used by the different creditors/products.

CK's VantageScores are relevant but creditors that use aTU or EQ VantageScore 3.0 in their decision.  It is not relevant to those that do not.  The same sort of consideration applies for any score out there.  For example, if a creditor uses a TU FICO 8 then only your TU FICO 8 will be relevant.  Scores based on other CRA's and other models will not be relevant.

@Anonymous wrote:
Credit Karma lists my 30 day lates and being removed however CCT lists them. Both reports pulled on the same day.

What gives?

No way for us to know.  You need to investigate this.  The CRA is the official record.  Monitoring services can have issues.  Pull reports directly from the CRA's to verify.

@Anonymous wrote:
Is CCT a true credit report? Meaning is the same report as if generated by annual report dot com?

CCT is an Experian company but CCT is not Experian.  CCT is not a CRA.  The report data should be the same but, again, you need to go directly to each CRA to verify.

You can use the Annual Credit Report site as it redirects you to each CRA.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thanks for such a through reponses.
I believe I understand now. Companies like CCT and myFICO say they are giving credit reports but true reports come from the CRAs.

Is that right?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. They both give the same report which is what you will get from annualcreditreport.com
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow thanks for such a through reponses.
I believe I understand now. Companies like CCT and myFICO say they are giving credit reports but true reports come from the CRAs.

Is that right?

It's a EX report giving you all 3.  Same as myfico but without all of your fico scores.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.