Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK what a giggle

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

CK what a giggle

While I know it is strictly for entertainment purposes, I couldn't help but shake my head.

we got an update that his TU score changed, went down 51 points. The only change a 4.00 balance reported from discover . FOUR dollars🥺What a crock of ....

🤣🤣🤣

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: CK what a giggle

Just to add to your post ..I got a new cell phone ,,

did not do a "copy all the APP's to new phone" .. installed only what I needed.

Left CK by the wayside. (Ya, I know the alerts are meaningfulSmiley Tongue)

Already have enough credit monitoring alertsSmiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many other cards with balances do you have and how many total accounts?

Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing changed except 4.00 on discover every other balance remained the same This just proves my point that CK is full of crap 💩 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing changed except 4.00 on discover every other balance remained the same This just proves my point that CK is full of crap 💩 

Shows why VS3.0 wasn't widely accepted by lender's; small seemingly meanless changes had overreacting score changes. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not the question I asked, but it isn't important.

I doubt the $4 change caused the significant score change seen.  I'd chalk it up to a glitch more than anything else, as people report wild VS3 swings up/down with seemingly no changes to their CR.  I think the $4 change simply caused a new score to be generated for you, but the score change wasn't related to the balance change.

Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Or... "fluff", like a fluffy teddy bear 🧸 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is arguably the GOAT when it comes to front end fluff.

Message 8 of 11
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

While I know it is strictly for entertainment purposes, I couldn't help but shake my head.

we got an update that his TU score changed, went down 51 points. The only change a 4.00 balance reported from discover . FOUR dollars🥺What a crock of ....

🤣🤣🤣

Reverse engineer it. Pay off the 4.00 balance and see if you get your 51 points back...if not...then something else affected the Vantage score algorithm.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good suggestion above.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.