Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Hard/Soft pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Hard/Soft pull

I requested a CLI and received it, how long until I know if it was a hard or soft pull?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI Hard/Soft pull

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested a CLI and received it, how long until I know if it was a hard or soft pull?

@Anonymous. Insufficient data provided to answer properly to your specific question.

Message 2 of 24
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

What card was it? Some lenders always do soft and some always do hard. Usually, if there would be a hard pull, there would be language in the CLI request to indicate that. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What card did you ask for a CLI on?

Message 4 of 24
RadioRob
Established Contributor

A hard pull is recorded almost instantly. When the report is pulled it is available on the file. The question is when you get notice if you’re using any monitoring service. Some get it to you very quickly others not so much.

I applied for a HP CLI and knew what bureau was pulled before the agent.

As others said it depends on the card. Some never HP a CLI and some exclusively HP. Lol
Message 5 of 24
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous. Insufficient data provided to answer properly to your specific question.

For the Trekkies "Insufficient Data is not sufficient Mr. Spock, I expect you to have sufficient data all the time!"  Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey 

Sorry for specifying which CC's they were, I'm rather new to posting.

They were 2 Commenity bank CC's - JCREW and WILLIAMS SONOMA and 1 BANK AMERICA VISA.  Its been 4 days.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 

2 Comenity and 1 Bank America Visa

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob 

Thanks for the info

Message 9 of 24
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They were 2 Commenity bank CC's - JCREW and WILLIAMS SONOMA and 1 BANK AMERICA VISA.  Its been 4 days.

If it's been 4 days and you haven't gotten a notice from any credit monitoring service it's probably safe to say those were sp's.  So the million dollar question is do you have a monitoring service you subscribe to?  If so, which one(s)?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.