Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CO Update

I paid 2 CC CO accounts AMEX and Cap 1 the beginning of last month shouldnt that have updated with the CRA's by now? should I dispute or wait some more time?  It is killing my score I think.  I didnt get a PFD that has myh utilization over 90%.  when the CRA update that will bring my Utilization to 5% that should help my score right?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO Update

Cap1 updates a few days after the statement.
the 19th Statement has not updated on mine yet.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

just thought after almost 2 months it should have shown up,,,is it possible that the CA for cap 1 didnt report the "paid in full"?  my UT is over 90% even these are closed when its brought to 0 shouldnt it help my score even though its already charged off showing an over the limit balance?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your statement date?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was paying off my cap1 co I would dispute with CRA online days after I found that the payment had cleared my checking account. The collections person at cap1 told me that they only report 30 days AFTER the payment is received and I didn't have that kind of time to wait for the updates. Each time I did and they corrected the balance on my CR my FICO would increase as well.

Hope this works and that your numbers increase soon.
Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

motoracer wrote:
I paid 2 CC CO accounts AMEX and Cap 1 the beginning of last month shouldnt that have updated with the CRA's by now? should I dispute or wait some more time?  It is killing my score I think.  I didnt get a PFD that has myh utilization over 90%.  when the CRA update that will bring my Utilization to 5% that should help my score right?

Lowering your util to 5% will help your scores.  Getting the COs off your reports will help your scores, paying them WILL NOT.  If paid off, you can try a GW letter to get em deleted.  If not paid off, PFD them. 
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the PFD several times,,,,,,cap1 and AMEX wouldnt show me any love..haha so I just went ahead and paid them off.....I told Cap1 there was no way I was gonna pay them unless they removed the negatives from my TL there response was ok wait the 7 years then...
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

motoracer wrote:
I tried the PFD several times,,,,,,cap1 and AMEX wouldnt show me any love..haha so I just went ahead and paid them off.....I told Cap1 there was no way I was gonna pay them unless they removed the negatives from my TL there response was ok wait the 7 years then...

Too bad you PIF, sometimes it's luck and sometimes it's who you send them to.  Many have failed with CAP1.  You could still try a GW letter, nothing to lose.  When are they suppose to fail off?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

timothy my statement date is may 17th
well AMEX falls off in 2 years and Cap1 3.5 more years Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.