Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO account

tag
Svthhvn
Contributor

CO account

I have a vehicle repo'd in 2015. Last payment April 2014. I did receive a 3mth extension while trying to find a way to fix it. However the account records show no payment M, J,J and so forth with late fees charged for those months. I had calculated DOFD as Aug but company is reporting Nov. but per THEIR records it appears to be April. What do you all think?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CO account

From what information did you "calculate" the DOFD?

If  your last payment was in April 2014 AND the account was also in pays as agreed, good standing (i.e., not delinquent at that time), the DOFD would be the billing due date of the next due payment.

If, for example, you received NO extension of due date for the next payment, then the DOFD would be May, 2014.

If, however, you have a bill that extends the next due payment by three months, then the DOFD would become August, 2014.  

Do you have billing proof of an extension of billing due date?

Message 2 of 8
Svthhvn
Contributor

No I don't have a billing statement. It was a verbal agreement over the phone. What I have is a copy of account payments in its entirety, showing 0 paid plus $10 late fee from May forward. I can wait til August but I don't want to wait til November for it to be removed because that is 💯 not accurate. I do have 2 old CR reports which also shows a different date of 1st delinquency. Not sure how to upload on here or I'd add those pics. 

Message 3 of 8
Svthhvn
Contributor

I calculated based on a payment made in April, then a 3 math extension, May, June, July, next due is Aug. no payment made. So DOFD should be Aug. correct? 

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, provided that you obtained the extension before the account became officially delinquent (i.e., bfore the billing due date for the May payment), and the creditor agrees that the extension was granted.

Message 5 of 8
Svthhvn
Contributor

CRA list Nov as DOFD. I want to dispute but I don't want to "update" reporting. I also don't want it hanging around any longer than it has to!! 

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you dispute, you are inherently asking them to update their reporting by correction of the asserted inaccuracy.

You cant expect correction without an update.......

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating it is going to get it off earlier, assuming you're correct and if that extension didn't happen then it should've already been off

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.