Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO to Pay as agreed

tag
2anewu
Regular Contributor

CO to Pay as agreed

Is a CO that goes to pay as agreed with no lates just as good as getting it removed? Also, can the creditor change this information once the CRA changes it? I disputed a CO and when I called EQ the rep pretty much asked me if it should say pay as agreed. I am making payments now but I kind of wanted it off my report. Should I even be worried about it now b/c it is still in dispute with the other agencies? Have a great weekend.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO to Pay as agreed

Sounds even better because it reflect a positive account history and depending upon how long ago it was opened it can have a real boost in your credit scores. Just be sure to keep your payments up and send them in early. Good Luck.
Message 2 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

2anewu wrote:
Is a CO that goes to pay as agreed with no lates just as good as getting it removed? Also, can the creditor change this information once the CRA changes it? I disputed a CO and when I called EQ the rep pretty much asked me if it should say pay as agreed. I am making payments now but I kind of wanted it off my report. Should I even be worried about it now b/c it is still in dispute with the other agencies? Have a great weekend.

Not even close. You want it gone.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused by your post. If this is an open account that is now Pays as agreed with zero lates this should be exactly what he wants.

Tuscani wrote:

2anewu wrote:

Not even close. You want it gone.

Message 4 of 9
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Okay? Now I am so confused.
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Paid with no lates or not... it's still a collection. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

He must be sending you PM's because I see no mention of CA in his post.

Tuscani wrote:
Paid with no lates or not... it's still a collection. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I am assuming in went into collection after CO. Perhaps I am wrong.. OP, please confirm. If is was a CO that is now current with no derogs then you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry for the confusion.
Message 8 of 9
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. It is on my credit report as Citifinancial, but the account is in the hands of NCO fin (which is not on my report). I forget that it is not with the OC because I still see their name. I did call the OC and they have no record of the account and gave me a fax number for disputes. So is it trully viewed as a collection?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.