Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA doesn't recognize SS #

tag
Saffyreblue
Valued Member

CRA doesn't recognize SS #

HELP! My daughter and her husband are trying to buy a new house. They ordered his free credit reports via the telephone. They never came. Today she called to find out where they were and was told by Trans Union that the system doesn't recognize his social security number. The operator asked if he ever had credit....and he says YES he has. Is this possible? Is something shady going on? I'm worried about my daughter now.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA doesn't recognize SS #

Not that this is going to help.... but I have the exact same issue right this very moment with Transunion.

My info was merged with my sisters and they are trying to resolve it as we speak. Not sure if he has any brothers or sisters, but this has happened repeatedly to myself in my dealings with Transunion...

According to them, in the last year, I have bought 2 cars ( I only own 1), opened a Victoria Secret credit card (never been in the place since I am a guy), and had two mortgages... but as of 2 months ago I dont exist.

According to my lender, they have run into this before with Transunion. They say it usually arises when they can not validate a SS# or address. His info has probably been merged with someone elses; or has been deleted because someone else disputed something on their report that overlapped on to his (this is what happened with myslef and my sister).

Again, this is ONLY my experience with them. IF this has happened, please tell him to get ready for one heck of fight. Their customer service is HORRIBLE! I have finally just let my lender deal with it at this point.

My suggestion would be this... try to pull it online through either this site or their site. If it does not come up, call their customer service and open a case on it. He will need to get a case/ file # and fax a copy of his SS card, copy of a utility bill, and address to them. They will start working on it; but it will take a few weeks.

AGAIN, this is only been my experience! Good luck to your daughter and her husband!

Message Edited by jmshipp on 02-14-2008 12:09 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.