Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA paper copy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA paper copy

I'm sure I'm on the wrong forum but I see a bunch of numbers for TU, EX and EQ. Does anyone know the correct number for each to call and order paper reports? My last CA is about to fall off and I wanted a hard copy of each showing it in case it were to get reinserted
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: CRA paper copy

What's wrong with just ordering an online version and printing it out? Same information is contained in the report regardless of the format.
Message 2 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sure I'm on the wrong forum but I see a bunch of numbers for TU, EX and EQ. Does anyone know the correct number for each to call and order paper reports? My last CA is about to fall off and I wanted a hard copy of each showing it in case it were to get reinserted

Here ya go my friend. I order them all the time.

Turned down for a CLI? OK, another new free Credit Report on the way. Smiley Wink

Experian 888-397-3742

Equifax   800-685-1111

TransU    800-916-8800

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
What's wrong with just ordering an online version and printing it out? Same information is contained in the report regardless of the format.

Probably nothing but, my printer is not set up to run 40 plus pages for a credit life covering many many years. Also, I find things on the paper printouts that doesn't always show from the online version. In cleaning up my credit reports I have had lots of experience and the paper copy furnished by the bureaus worked well. Note, they paid for printing and mailing. I only paid returning the parts I disputed and using the USPS Tracking Envelopes (so they could not say they lost it).

Message 4 of 6
iv
Valued Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

It's been a LONG time since I bothered to request a paper copy... but I recall it having differently formatted/slightly more detailed info than the online options...

Might still be the case.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@iv wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

It's been a LONG time since I bothered to request a paper copy... but I recall it having differently formatted/slightly more detailed info than the online options...

Might still be the case.

Indeed.

I think it is with EQ, you may still get the old report paper copy which was absolutely horrid (at the time my credit file wasn't all that large and it was bloody 40 pages of crap like payment history detail, basically 4 items in a table format for every single month... awkward).  It's different now online last time I checked it.

I did get an EX report last year and it seemed to be identical to the online version in terms of amount of detail.

TU I've never seen a paper copy of so I don't have a comparison.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.