Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT BUREAU REPORTIN WITH MYJEWELER AND SELF LENDER

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT BUREAU REPORTIN WITH MYJEWELER AND SELF LENDER

I opened a MyJeweler account in December and Self Lender in April, both have only reported to Experian. Yet both stated they report to all 3 bureaus. Is there something I can do? I got the accounts to boost my utilization. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: CREDIT BUREAU REPORTIN WITH MYJEWELER AND SELF LENDER

I'm not sure about Self-Lender, but the whole My Jeweler thing is a scam and most credit bureaus have prevented them from reporting.  In your case I would consider yourself fortunate they are even being show on Experian; I would also suggest you don't plan on that continuing.

For more on this, look for other My Jeweler threads here, the scam is discussed at length in those threads.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Give each creditor a call and let them know they are only reporting to one CRA and they need to report to all of them. With a new account opened in April I would give them up to 60 days to get it reported not all report new accounts right away. If you need something to report immediately you might consider an account from Synchrony Bank as these guys report typically report immediately and the new accounts are on file within a few days across all 3. Welcome to my fico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I paid them off so now they're saying if I don't use it for 30 days my account will be closed. That's fine with me. I just wanted to know if I should order nything else to maintain the account. I WILL NOT!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Great advise. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I paid them off so now they're saying if I don't use it for 30 days my account will be closed. That's fine with me. I just wanted to know if I should order nything else to maintain the account. I WILL NOT!

Message 6 of 18
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, for building your credit, I would strongly recommend you obtain some mainstream credit products from the likes of CapitalOne and a major credit union (say PenFed or Navy Federal).  These products will report to all credit bureaus and can be kept and grown over time.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened a MyJeweler account in December and Self Lender in April, both have only reported to Experian. Yet both stated they report to all 3 bureaus. Is there something I can do? I got the accounts to boost my utilization. 

Self reports to all three bureaus on the last day of the month. For me, I see the update on Experian the quickest (the 3rd of the following month) followed by Equifax (the 4th of the following month). For example, Self reports on April 30. May 3rd updated on EX. May 4th updated on EQ. 

My Self account on Transunion has not updated since January and prior to March it was not updating consistently on Equifax either. I've been working with them on this, so we'll see if it gets fixed. I've also seen a few threads with others having the same issue of inconsistent reporting, so I'll say just keep an eye on it each month. Your EQ and TU should be updating shortly.

If you ever run into any issues, email their Credit Resolutions Team (resolutions@self.inc). 

Message 8 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Give each creditor a call and let them know they are only reporting to one CRA and they need to report to all of them. With a new account opened in April I would give them up to 60 days to get it reported not all report new accounts right away. If you need something to report immediately you might consider an account from Synchrony Bank as these guys report typically report immediately and the new accounts are on file within a few days across all 3. Welcome to my fico Smiley Happy

I can't remember where I read it, but I do believe TU said they will no longer report My Jewelers as a matter of policy, due to the nature of product.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Horseshoez Thank you so much. I have Capital One and NFCU banking so I'll look into them for a credit card. I may just get approved for an unsecured. Thanks. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.