Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT UNION-VS-CREDIT UNION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT UNION-VS-CREDIT UNION

PenFed or Alliant----------Which one seems to be the more conservative vs a bit more relaxed on SL. Penfed has CLOC plus nice CC with very little Docs required. Don't know much about ALLIANT..........PLEASE, some help. I have read a little that Alliant is a bit more relaxed on higher SL.....DO THEY HAVE CLOC TOO? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: CREDIT UNION-VS-CREDIT UNION

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed or Alliant----------Which one seems to be the more conservative vs a bit more relaxed on SL. Penfed has CLOC plus nice CC with very little Docs required. Don't know much about ALLIANT..........PLEASE, some help. I have read a little that Alliant is a bit more relaxed on higher SL.....DO THEY HAVE CLOC TOO? 

I think they're about the same in terms of how conservative they are on starting credit card limits.

Alliant doesn't have personal lines of credit.

Alliant has some decent cards, as does PenFed.

PenFed's website is better in my opinion.

PenFed's customer service is tops.

Alliant has higher savings rates than almost anyone.

I have them both, and like them both.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT UNION-VS-CREDIT UNION

I choose Penfed over Alliant any day. Alliant is way more conservative than penfed (in my experience). Penfed is very very customer friendly. they take your feedback very seriously.

I have a credit product with penfed , with Alliant the only good thing that has happened is 50$ bonus i received for opening a chekcing account. LOL.

Their savings gives you 1.11% interest which is good in my opinion. But penfed rocks! And OF ALL the credit unions for me personally Consumers Credit Union IL stands out as the BEST.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.