cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU CC showing as "Closed by Consumer" on Credit Karma?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CU CC showing as "Closed by Consumer" on Credit Karma?

@martinsoka17wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@martinsoka17wrote:

I did, and the CU confirmed that the account is still active. I asked if the secured card I had with them back in 2013 would show as closed when it switched to a regular CC, and she assured me that no, it would not.

Can you provide some more data points on the report? For example, what is this CC showing up as? CL/data opened/closed etc and compare that to the other report on CK. If possible, provide a screenshot/snip of both reports to compare

TransUnionTransUnionTransunionTransunionEquifaxEquifax

The only thing that stands out to me is the last reporting payment date. The two are off by 8 days.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minerwrote:
Back when I had good credit, my CU would create a new account on my credit report when I would do a product change on my CC with them. The older account would show closed by consumer and the new one would keep the original accounts opened date. My current report has 3 such accounts for the same CC that I lost when everything hit the fan. Given my relationship with them went back a long ways, it never really affected my account age average as it was like opening a new 5+ year old account.

Don't know if that's the OP issue since they mention only 1 account showing. Definitely something that ypur CU should fix. Are they updating the monthly history on the report in question or is it sporadic on one or two of the three credit agencies?

Does this apply to you OP? This would make sense if they are sending a new card out to you considering it is a CU

Message 12 of 14
martinsoka17
Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@martinsoka17wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@martinsoka17wrote:

I did, and the CU confirmed that the account is still active. I asked if the secured card I had with them back in 2013 would show as closed when it switched to a regular CC, and she assured me that no, it would not.

Can you provide some more data points on the report? For example, what is this CC showing up as? CL/data opened/closed etc and compare that to the other report on CK. If possible, provide a screenshot/snip of both reports to compare

TransUnionTransUnionTransunionTransunionEquifaxEquifax

The only thing that stands out to me is the last reporting payment date. The two are off by 8 days.

It's highlighted....one is listed as open, reporting a $175 balance, the other is listed as closed, reporting a $175

Starting Score: 523

Current Scores: EQ: 705 TU: 757 EX: 764

Goal Scores: 800 across the board

in the garden until 2019!
Message 13 of 14
martinsoka17
Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Minerwrote:
Back when I had good credit, my CU would create a new account on my credit report when I would do a product change on my CC with them. The older account would show closed by consumer and the new one would keep the original accounts opened date. My current report has 3 such accounts for the same CC that I lost when everything hit the fan. Given my relationship with them went back a long ways, it never really affected my account age average as it was like opening a new 5+ year old account.

Don't know if that's the OP issue since they mention only 1 account showing. Definitely something that ypur CU should fix. Are they updating the monthly history on the report in question or is it sporadic on one or two of the three credit agencies?

Does this apply to you OP? This would make sense if they are sending a new card out to you considering it is a CU

It does, to an extent. The account that was closed was closed back in 2014, when the card switched from a secured card with a $500 to an unsecured card with a $1,000 balance. However, when I pull my TU report, it shows that on there no issues, as closed, paid as agreed, with a balance of $0. That's not the one reporting on CK. I think I may just chalk this up to CK being a weird, quirky FAKO and see what happens. I verified with my CU that my account is not closed, and it does not show as closed on my current TU report.

Starting Score: 523

Current Scores: EQ: 705 TU: 757 EX: 764

Goal Scores: 800 across the board

in the garden until 2019!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.