cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU did a hard(EX) pull before opening my account, if......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CU did a hard(EX) pull before opening my account, if......

I applied for credit tomorrow or within the next 30 days, do the CU have to use the report they pulled when they opened my account? Or will they have to pull another report?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: CU did a hard(EX) pull before opening my account, if......

they don't HAVE to.  some do, as a courtesy.  you really have to ask that particular CU.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CU did a hard(EX) pull before opening my account, if......

Yes, they clearly have the right.  When you opened the account with the CU, they probably did their initial  credit pull under FCRA 604(a)(3)(F), not based specifically on the extension of credit, but rather in connection with a business transaction initiated by the consumer.

Now, you are requesting the additonal consideration of extension of credit.  They have no way of knowing what other credit, derogs, etc., have occured since you opened your account.  Unless it is for a very small amount of credit, or maybe a secured CC, they will most probably want to take a new look at your current credit report before putting money or credit on the table.  You might call them in advance, and ask them to report any new inquiry as a soft inquiry, since little time has expired since their last credit pull.  But that is up to them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.