Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating AAoA, AoOA, etc...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calculating AAoA, AoOA, etc...

And yes, even the EX app, which uses the first of the month to arrive at their calculations, you’re still cannot rely upon it. You have to calculate it yourself. If you want the correct information, that’s you’re only recourse.

Remember, fico created the fico algorithm that creates our scores, but it’s not fico that created the Experian app! And even though the MF app is associated with fico, the people that created the app are not the people that created the algorithm, I would be willing to bet.

I’m sure they gave the app development team high-level outlines and broad strokes, as they did with Experian and others, but they didn’t get the nitty-gritty, you can believe that.

And even if they did (they did not), they’re not gonna make it accessible to us that easily; it would make reverse engineering too easy, you can’t blame them.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 To be honest, that's why reverse engineering is so hard when trying to use dps from so many people.

The majority of the population don't realise the minutia and therefore inadvertently use data like that from the frontends to come to conclusions which are therefore many times inaccurate.

So then, we get data points of people saying hey at this age/utilization I got this, when it really wasn't that age/utilization in the eyes of the algorithm, so that's where we get a lot of red herrings and inaccurate information.

As a matter of fact, I should probably do a little write-up about frontends and this in the Primer huh? Maybe I'll just link this thread.

Message 12 of 13
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I agree that it's hard to come up with solid conclusions, when you don't have access to ALL of the information. Sometimes it's just circumstantial and not cause and effect. I admit that sometimes it's easy to jump to conclusions based on patterns I see, but I also realize that there are many details that I don't see and don't have the whole story.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.