cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Capital One regarding possible identity theft.

tag
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Call from Capital One regarding possible identity theft.

@Anonymous wrote:

@outofcredit

I now have alerts that notify me whenever my SSN is associated with an inquiry or account opening.  

Which service do you have that sends out those types of alerts

After the Equifax breach, which apparently my info may have been part of, I was offered Equifax's TrustedID Premier for free for a year.  It alerts me any time an inquiry hits my Equifax report or a new account is opened.  I use TrueIdentity, another free service, for alerts regarding my Transunion reports. I get emails within minutes of applying telling me an inquiry has been made or a new account opened.  For Experian, my USAA account portal offers CreditCheck which also provides alerts when changes occur to my report.  I imagine any of the free services could be used for alerts if you set up the account to provide notifications whenever something changes. I even get alerts from Credit Karma when things change with my reports.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 11 of 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Call from Capital One regarding possible identity theft.

Experian has a free app that does basic credit monitoring and lets you see your report and FICO score once a month. This is only for Experian.

Credit Karma is a good free monitoring service that monitors TU and EQ.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.