Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all credit experts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling all credit experts

My Experian credit report states a charge-off account is scheduled to report until Sept 2017. Can I call the CRAs to request it removed earlier? I'm in the process of purchasing a home and need this item removed.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calling all credit experts

Yes you can request ee! Good luck! 

(Ee=early exclusion)

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was successful with Experian so far! I have to wait until Monday to tackle Transunion and Equifax
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success with Experian! Best of luck with the rest. Gotta admit, I am a little jelly. I have an old CO with dreaded First Premier bank that's supposed to fall off in October. I attempted to get it removed early and they just wont budge. In fact, they decided to report it as "past due" instead of a CO. That really hurt coz it cost me a credit card approval with BOA. I CAN'T WAIT to get First Premier off my report, they are just mean.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Experian to request the early exclusion. I ordered my credit reports so I had the credit report # and account number of the charge off. Did you try calling?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I didn't call. I pulled my report and made the request online. I figured it was wiser to ensure a paper trail. I will try your method and hopefully I am more successful. Fingers crossed😂
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.