cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone

arcus1969
Established Member

Can Anyone

Can Anyone define Excelent/Good/Fair/Poor Credit as it relates to Fico scores ..... If you Click on the get a credit card link on the Fico website it asks you Your Fico sore and gives you the above 4 options.. I can find no clear cut definition so anyone have an educated guess.... Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheNewWorldMan
Valued Contributor

Re: Can Anyone

It really depends on what you're trying to do.  Other elements factor in as well.  For example, my average FICO is around 625.  Letter-grade wise, that's about a "C".  But because I have unpaid charge-offs, I think some creditors see it as more like a C- to D+. 
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Message 2 of 3
Brammy
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can Anyone

arcus1969 wrote:
Can Anyone define Excelent/Good/Fair/Poor Credit as it relates to Fico scores ..... If you Click on the get a credit card link on the Fico website it asks you Your Fico sore and gives you the above 4 options.. I can find no clear cut definition so anyone have an educated guess.... Thanks

Depends on what you're after.  Above 740 won't really get you any cheaper rates however 720+ is a very good score.  I have two FICO reports with 682 and 709 that are deemed good scores

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.