cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I dispute an hard inqury Denial due to something that was sucessfully removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I dispute an hard inqury Denial due to something that was sucessfully removed?

So my ex-Doctors office breached the FCBA and FCRA and the Collection agency that they hired also breached them both also...  They managed to put a Collection on my account that I did not know about and because of that, I was denied a credit card.  Getting the collection removed took me almost a year, but I was able to have it sucessfully removed.  Now that I have it removed, I was wondering if I can dispute the hard inqury that is on my report for a credit card I was never able to get due to the fact that the Collection Agency placed a collection on my account that they had no right in doing.

Could someone please tell me what the best way to go about this situation is?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I dispute an hard inqury Denial due to something that was sucessfully removed?

A hard pull and a denial are two entirely different things.

@Anonymous wrote:

They managed to put a Collection on my account that I did not know about and because of that, I was denied a credit card.

While that's unfortunate, the onus is on you to stay on top of your reports.

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that I have it removed, I was wondering if I can dispute the hard inqury that is on my report for a credit card I was never able to get due to the fact that the Collection Agency placed a collection on my account that they had no right in doing.

Nope.  That's not a basis for dispute.  You applied for credit, expect a hard pull as a creditor will review your report.  You can try to have the creditor reconsider the application but if it's been a year I doubt you'll get anywhere.

A single hard pull typically has little impact.  If you're seeing significant impact from a single hard pull then you have bigger issues that need to be addressed on your report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.