Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a CA be SUED????

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Can a CA be SUED????

I was in a bad car accident back in 2003, my lawyer at the time wrote up letters to all creditors that provided services to me(hospital, ambulance, chriopractor, car laon balance), that stated close to that i am waiting for a settlement to paid out to me by the insurance company and that if they want to be paid that they will agree to allow a lein on my settlement and in exchange that that nothing would be reported to the CRA's, all agreed to the terms, well turns out that one of them did still report me to all 3 CRA's which was against the agreement, i called my lawyer and asked him to send me the letters so i can send them to all CRA's as proof, beucase this one CA went against the agreement that they agreed to, can i sue them??
   also if i can sue them for going against the agreement how much can i sue them for? just the $1000 that is listed in the FCRA plus attorney fee's or cna i sue them for more cause it's been on my CR's for 5 years now and has caused my score to be lowered cause it is listed as a collection even though it was not suppose to be reported at ALL??
thanks for you help
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can a CA be SUED????

Did the CA sign anything agreeing to the settlement? If so, you might be able to sue under breach of contract. I would talk to a lawyer about it.
Message 2 of 3
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can a CA be SUED????

the CA did sign the agreement.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.