Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a CA do this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a CA do this?

I sent a DV to Credit Management LP for an account listed on all 3 of my CR's for $243.00 for a debt owed to Time Warner Cable from 2004. This account was last reported on or updated on my credit reports in March 2005.

The apparently got my debt validation letter because as of today, they have updated their reporting to my credit reports that this account is still in collections for the same amount. I have not, however, received any type of response to my DV I sent whatsoever.

Now I wish I hadn't sent the DV because it obviously just reminded them about my account and after all the work I did (my scores went up 60 points in 14 days) this is obviously taking 2 steps backwards.

Can they re-report this before even validating the debt to me as requested?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can a CA do this?

Hi Atryxia, did you make sure that you were out of SOL before sending the DV? They can bring the report date more current yes.

They have 30 days to validate (plus some mail time, so give it 35 days). If they don't validate in that time period, then they can no longer report. I would then dispute with the CRAs, sending a copy of the DV, GC, and CM receipt. You did send it CMRRR, without signing it didn't you? How long ago was it sent?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Byrdman,

Yes, I did send CMRRR (without signing) and have kept copies of EVERYTHING (my original letter to them, the GC etc.). It was mailed on 2/28/08 so it's only been 2 weeks now. I'll give it the full 25 days and see what kind of response I get from them if any. I just wasn't sure if they could bring the report current while they are in the process of validating the debt (or before they did). Thanks again.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the CA is already reporting when you send a DV....they must answer within 30 days.....during this time they CAN update with CRAs  and they always do!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-14-2008 07:10 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.