cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can adding an AU effect Account Holder’s Fico Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can adding an AU effect Account Holder’s Fico Scores?

Hi everyone,

I’m curious to know if adding DH as an AU to one of my cards will effect my scores. His scores right now aren’t great at low-mid 600’s with several past lates and collections. However, he has established credit for 25+yrs whereas I only started my credit journey almost 3 years ago. My scores are 100+ points above his - look at my siggy. I understand that an AU may benefit being added to an account if the account itself is in good standing which all of mine are, but what about for the account holder? What are the benefits (if any) and what are the drawbacks for an account holder adding an AU?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Can adding an AU effect Account Holder’s Fico Scores?

Adding an AU to your account will not effect your score unless the AU runs up a huge balance. 

Only benefit to you would be you get rewards for their spend

The risk is that they run up a balance 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m curious to know if adding DH as an AU to one of my cards will effect my scores. His scores right now aren’t great at low-mid 600’s with several past lates and collections. However, he has established credit for 25+yrs whereas I only started my credit journey almost 3 years ago. My scores are 100+ points above his - look at my siggy. I understand that an AU may benefit being added to an account if the account itself is in good standing which all of mine are, but what about for the account holder? What are the benefits (if any) and what are the drawbacks for an account holder adding an AU?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can adding an AU effect Account Holder’s Fico Scores?

Thank you so much again! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.