Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can myfico pull frozen reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can myfico pull frozen reports?

i have the myfico 3 bureau monitoring service always get score updates etc weekly it seems I had a fraud incident happen and had to freeze all 3 bureaus over the weekend will myfico still be able to pull info balances etc updated scores from the bureaus now or should I just cancel it ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BooBee
New Contributor

Re: Can myfico pull frozen reports?

Yes! I have the Ultimate 3B service and get updates along with alerts on a regular basis.  All my reports are locked.  I also get updates on Credit Karma as well but others services like credit sesame or credit.com can NOT pull updates from frozen reports.  So far only MyFico & Credit Karma can access updates on locked reports but keep in mind I believe Credit Karma is only able to pull reports if you have an account prior to locking your reports (which is my case).

Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Normally, as long as you already granted permission to a lender to pull your reports on a consistent basis, once a freeze is put into place, they can still access them. It's the new lenders after the fact, who would not have the access.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 6
Blodreina
Established Contributor

You may have a problem if you try to order a full report from myFICO while frozen.  The system refunded my 3B report purchase because it couldn't pull all 3.  Temporarily lifting the freeze to pull a report may be necessary.

However, as others have stated, alerts/updates work fine with a freeze in place.

Message 5 of 6
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have the myfico 3 bureau monitoring service always get score updates etc weekly it seems I had a fraud incident happen and had to freeze all 3 bureaus over the weekend will myfico still be able to pull info balances etc updated scores from the bureaus now or should I just cancel it ?

YMMV. I had to lift my freeze when I first subscribed to myfico, but then was able to reset the freeze on all three accounts with regular score updates. However, when it came time to get my quarterly full report, EQ and TU had no problems, but EX couldn't be pulled. It required a call to CS and an free code to be able to pull the report after I lifted the freeze on EX. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.