Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone settle this fight

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can someone settle this fight

watchnerd----
    here's my issue, i can put evidence in front of him to prove him wrong and me right and yet he will STILL insists that he's right and I am wrong, it's an never ending battle. I wrote up a bunch of GW's for his creditors for his OC's and CA's, he told me that doing the GW's wont do any good and a waste of time, but to send the letters and it'll prove that is wont do any good. but i know it will cause i sent several GW's out and one of them i have heard back from and did delete my 1 late pymt, so again he's wrong, i got so mad last night after he said he doesnt care about his credit so i threw all the letters away that i spent ALL day working on yesterday, he'll be sorry when my scores go up and his dont, all cause he wouldnt listen to me.  oh well
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is proof -

FICO score difference for me 43% UTL to 7% for me was 80 points.

Message 12 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, momof2, you're not the first one to hit this boulder, and it can just as easily be the wives being balky. A lot of people are so ashamed of their past credit screw-ups that they are angry when they are reminded of them, or have to deal with them at all. When you have a lot of emotion in one person, a reasoned argument from someone else not only doesn't work, it often makes it worse.

Anyway, good luck on your hard work. Maybe if you just continue to got quietly ahead, you'll both benefit in the long run.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@momof2 wrote:
watchnerd----
    here's my issue, i can put evidence in front of him to prove him wrong and me right and yet he will STILL insists that he's right and I am wrong, it's an never ending battle. I wrote up a bunch of GW's for his creditors for his OC's and CA's, he told me that doing the GW's wont do any good and a waste of time, but to send the letters and it'll prove that is wont do any good. but i know it will cause i sent several GW's out and one of them i have heard back from and did delete my 1 late pymt, so again he's wrong, i got so mad last night after he said he doesnt care about his credit so i threw all the letters away that i spent ALL day working on yesterday, he'll be sorry when my scores go up and his dont, all cause he wouldnt listen to me.  oh well

momo, I was just making a joke about the nature of marital diplomacy within my own happy union.
Message 14 of 21
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

momof2 wrote:

i got so mad last night after he said he doesnt care about his credit so i threw all the letters away that i spent ALL day working on yesterday, he'll be sorry when my scores go up and his dont, all cause he wouldnt listen to me.  oh well

Dig those letters out and send them lol!

No use wasting your hardwork, and FICO doesn't care if he believes or not, it'll still go up if any of those letters work.  I know you might want to make a point by showing him that your scores are improving and his aren't, but in the long run it'll do you some good to help his score also. 

Make a believer out of him Smiley Happy
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 15 of 21
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Does any one know where this score simulator is at so i can use it to see where my score would go after having things removed like late pymts or paying off old collections? I just want to see where i will be if certain things happen.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 16 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mom, the simulator is located in the products section of myfico.com. However, it doesn't do a good job of estimating with baddies removed. You can use it when it comes to uti and some other useful items, but not for baddies being removed. Instead, use the score estimator. It will estimate a score for you based off of the criteria that you input. Remember to just use one credit report's information at a time. So, if you have 10 INQs, but only three on EQ, use the three, not 10.

http://www.myfico.com/FICOCreditScoreEstimator/Default.aspx

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@momof2 wrote:
Does any one know where this score simulator is at so i can use it to see where my score would go after having things removed like late pymts or paying off old collections? I just want to see where i will be if certain things happen.

There are two different critters: the simulators and the estimator.

The simulators are part of your EQ and TU FICO score reports (not EX.) There's a little link at the top right of the pages on your report. You can also go all the way to the last screen and find the link there. If you have Suze, you have to dig a little. The link is down at the bottom of the Action Plan page.

The estimator is the link that ByrdMan provided. It's completely wide open--you can put any info in that you like. Pick one of your reports and use the info on it, entering or not entering any baddies that you have and comparing the difference. BTW, when it asks for how many inqs in the last year, just enter the total from one CRA, not from all three.

I call the estimator my "time machine." It lets me see what things might have looked like if only, if only. The estimated scores are in a much broader range than on the sims though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 21
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I sent Dillard's a gw letter asking to have two baddies removed.  Success!

I called JC Penney and asked them to remove two baddies.  Success AND they reimbursed me for the two late charges @ $29.00 Each!

I wrote Firestone and they declined, but I hear they will remove one or two, so I'll try again.

Gw's DO work and they have for many people here.  Since I've paid my CC from 96% to 64% and had a couple of baddies removed....I'm up over 60 pts on each bureau!  I would call that successful!

Just because DH's uncle is in the mortgage business certainly doesn't mean he's a FICO genius.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Momof2, something else to think about is that it's hard for others to sit there and listen to us going on and on about "all that credit stuff." My DH has NO interest in learning about it or attempting to correct his mistakes. But remember that you will only hurt yourself in the long run if you only work on your report instead of both. You will also benefit from his score going up.

Try to show him gently that the process can work. Don't shove all those letters in his face if he doesn't like the process. All the credit work I do is for my husband's credit report, but I don't force him to be overly involved it it; I'm the big nerd in this family! You love him and what you are doing is for him, BECAUSE you love him.

Keep it up, and remember that peace can be better than "being right." Sorry to be preachy, but I know how you feel and it can get better.

Good luck!

Message Edited by Bzzzymom on 03-30-2008 01:22 PM
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.