cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Unlock or Pull Equifax Report

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't Unlock or Pull Equifax Report

Maybe you can try canceling Lock & Alert, it should lift the credit lock, then sign up again after you verify via other means that it's in fact lifted.
Message 11 of 20
Valued Contributor

This is a good idea.  When I cancelled TrustedId (after they notified the service was ending), the lock through that site was apparently auto-lifted. I then signed up for Lock & Alert and re-locked.  Worth a try... 

@oldman87 wrote:
Maybe you can try canceling Lock & Alert, it should lift the credit lock, then sign up again after you verify via other means that it's in fact lifted.

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"

Starting FICO 8s | 09/06/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 07/01/2019: EX 741 ✦ EQ 727 ✦ TU 733
Current FICO 9s | 06/01/2019: EX 753 ✦ EQ 751 ✦ TU 732
Highest FICO-8 Ever | 10/2018: 780 [on dirty report]

2019 Goal Score | 780s

My AAOA: 2.7 years not incl. AU / 2.10 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 6.5 years not incl. AU / 8.5 years incl. AU
Report Status: Clean

Tending my Garden til 2/2021

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 12 of 20
Frequent Contributor

So you have to call in to cancel Lock & Alert.  I just called in a spoke to miltiple people and none of them could cancel my Lock & Alert account.  It gives them an error that apparently none of them have ever seen.  So the mystery continues.  Oddly I'm still getting my account change alerts from MyFico even though I can't pull a new report through here.  

Message 13 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

So you have to call in to cancel Lock & Alert.  I just called in a spoke to miltiple people and none of them could cancel my Lock & Alert account.  It gives them an error that apparently none of them have ever seen.  So the mystery continues.  Oddly I'm still getting my account change alerts from MyFico even though I can't pull a new report through here.  

Insanity!   001 CrazyGuy.gif

I would say they better be on the phone to their IT people first thing in the morning.

At this point you are suffering DAMAGES! 

Message 14 of 20
Valued Contributor

Guess Equifax is gonna Equifax, hope you get this resolved.
Message 15 of 20
Valued Contributor

I HIGHLY Suggest everyone interesting in 'LOCKING' their credit... DON'T

FREEZE Your credit instead. Freezing can be undone just as fast as a Lock. Freezes are Free. Freezes are protected by state legislature. and locks are only contract law.

Family Member made me an AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001, 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001, 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 , 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900, 2008 Macys Amex $1900, 2008 Kohls $2,000, 2008 JC Penny $4,500, 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500, 2019 SDFCU PowerCash Visa $10,000, 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600, 2018 HSN $4,500, and 2016 Local Credit Union Visa $5,000. Waiting on them to all report over the next month... Only Kohls is reporting so far... WITH AGE. They use AZEO method.

Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), Ally Bank (Checking/Savings), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), SDFCU (Share), Wells Fargo (Checking), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.

I WANT to join: Hanscom FCU (For the 2 day early direct deposit).

Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)
Message 16 of 20
Frequent Contributor

Just to give a follow up it seems my report is now showing as unlocked as of two days ago however I still can't pull my own copy of the report and they can't seem to tell me why.  I really don't want to apply for anything just to see if the report is truely unlocked.  

Message 17 of 20
New Visitor

Something happened with my equifax report on 5/9, that was the last time that anything updated for them. I tryed to order my equifax report directly through the equifax site and got an error, I tried to order a 3b report through Experian and got an error about a mismatch with Equifax, I tried to sign up for a monthly membership through myfico and also got mismatch through Myfico. Even credit karma has not updated equifax since 5/9. The only thing that happened on 5/9 was me ordering my free annual report for equifax. I have called equifax 3 times and am not getting anywhere. This is frustraiting because we are supposed to go back to underwriter at the end of this month. Someone please help. 

Message 18 of 20
New Visitor

Did your equifax report ever pull up for you?  I am now on the phone with the 9th person in 2 days and not having any luck.

Message 19 of 20
New Visitor

How did you get this resolved? I am applying for a mortgage and cant unlock my report. This is soooo frustrating. I've been on the phone with Equifax for 2 days and constantly emailing support. They seem to not have a clue. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.