Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Unlock or Pull Equifax Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Unlock or Pull Equifax Report

Did you ever get a the issue resolved?  I am having the same issue!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to freeze and unfreeze your credit file? This should release the lock error.
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thinking!  Yes, I did try that thinking it would force the lock to unlock but it continues to say my report is locked.  

I have spoken with no less than a dozen Equifax reps today.  The only thing I have been able to get them to do is "Escalate the request".  Of course they say it may take 3- 5 business days which of course is obsurd!

Thanks for the suggestion and any other advise is welcomed!

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

But what about this. Can you freeze it and temporarily lift the freeze? Is shouldn’t be able to be locked and frozen at the same time. Just a thought.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I ended up sending Equifax, TransUnion and Experian demographic update letters. I put the same information on all 3 letters so that they would all match.

I told them to use my name with middle initial as primary name

And spell my middle name out when aka

I also told them how to spell my name with my maiden name

Example
Jane C Smith
Aka Jane Cline Smith
Aka Jane Doe
Aka Jane C Doe
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more thing
My address is weird so I gave them both scenarios and asked them to delete the other versions they had
Message 26 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

EQ was messed up two days in a row, could log in, but not able to update.

made the Dreaded phone call. they finally got it fixed.   ughhhhhhhh

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
But what about this. Can you freeze it and temporarily lift the freeze? Is shouldn’t be able to be locked and frozen at the same time. Just a thought.

It will not let me convert from lock to a freeze either.  Thanks for the ideas!

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, Tammy.  

The city that populates in Equifax for my zip code is not an actualy city but rather a neighborhood and everytime I update it, it changes back in a matter of weeks.  That could indeed be the issue.

Thanks again!

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in customer service and a lot of systems use an automated system to “correctly input” addresses and override what anyone puts in. This could be a systems issue on their end. I forget what that system is called but it checks with the post office. Hope that’s enlightening.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.