Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive credit score from all bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't receive credit score from all bureaus

Hi!

I have problem to receive my credit score from any of three credit bureaus. Then I am trying to request credit score online - they all respond to call them. Then I am trying to call they said for some security reason they can't provide me my credit score.

I am a new immigrant and became resident from September 2011. In October 2011 I received SSN and my first credit card (special product for newcomers, no credit history needed). So for today I have 4 month credit history.

But the problem is that I can't receive any other credit card, or car loan, or even landlord trying to check my credit history - they all got answer from credit bureaus that I don't have any credit history at all.

I am trying to reach Experian with my problem and their representative said to me that I have notice on my file: "The issue date of the Social Security number that you gave us when you contacted us is not verified by the Social Security Administration. " And she said that Experian can't fix that, I need to speak with SSA. Also she gives me report with all my credit history, and I can see my credit card with 4 month reporting and all credit inquires.

But SSA said to me that all my information correct and thay can't do anything to fix that.

So the question is how to resolve this situation and:

1. Receive my credit score in all credit bureaus.

2. When somebody request my credit history they receive correct and positive answer.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't receive credit score from all bureaus

When you applied for your credit card did you use your new social security nuumber ?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, sure. it was cap one credit card for new comers.

Message 3 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, welcome to the forums, and to the US!

Have you called Cap One to ask if this particular card reports to the credit bureaus? If so, ask them to make sure that they are reporting it. Also, ask them to look at the records that they have for you, and verify the spelling of your last name, your address, your date of birth, and your SSN.

Something isn't matching up properly, so the credit bureaus aren't "seeing" the new account.

From what they said about the date of the card, my guess is that Cap One has reported your SSN incorrectly. Again, ask them to read the card number back to you, and make sure that it matches.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you reply!

I am already talk with Cap One and they confirmed reporting to all three bureaus. Moreover as I said I received credit report from Experian and there was my credit card from Cap One with correct credit limit. Also I checked all information about me - name, address, DOB, and SSN. All that correct.

So I guess if Experian has my credit card and all information correct in my file, there is no problem in reporting Cap One to bureaus.

The only suggestion I have from Experian representative is note on my file "The issue date of the Social Security number that you gave us when you contacted us is not verified by the Social Security Administration."

Another clue I have is that I ordered my SSN on hotels address. And I see another note in my credit report that is not residential address, may be that cause some kind of "fraud alert" on my SSN? I talk about that with SSA representative and they said that SSA don't store any address in database and I cant change it.

I am in confusion now and have no idea what to do next.

Also annualcreditreport.com said that my SSN invalid.

Message 5 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It does sound like something is wrong with the SSN. When someone tries to check your SSN, they're being given two different issue dates, which is a flag warning for a fake SSN.

The address issue is something that many lenders will be cautious about --using a hotel address as your home address. That wouldn't be connected to the SSN, but to the address that Cap One reported for you.

My only remaining suggestion would be to print out your Experian report that includes the note about the dates not matching, and take it with you to your Social Security office. Ask them if they know of a reason why there might be two different issue dates reporting.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 13
Summer35

Hello,

You need 6 months of credit history to generate a score. After your card has reported for 6-7months try pulling your score again. I dont think anything is wrong with your social security number.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Can't view my scores as my SSN is invalid. None of the credit beureaus can tell me my score. Gothic can you tell me if your problem is resolved.

Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Can't view my scores as my SSN is invalid. None of the credit beureaus can tell me my score. Gothic can you tell me if your problem is resolved.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I don't know if you'll hear back from gothic_ru, though. He/She hasn't been back here since 2/13, right after starting this thread.

Have you contacted the local social security office? Not getting your reports and scores is the least of your problems, if your SSN is invalid.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I am also a new immigrant and was issued a SSN that starts with "8." In June of 2011, the SSN assignment system changed into randomized one allowing hte numbers to begin with an 8. As a result, I am unable to open a savings, CD or investing accounts. I can only open accounts with a co-signer. 

I do not know what to do. 

Thanks

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.