cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

Hello,

I am able to access information from my Experian and Transunion credit reports (through varied sources - Creditscorecard.com, creditkarma, experian credit report app), however I have not been able to use any means to get info from my Equifax report. Creditkarma can't seem to pull it up, and the same with Mint. I also tried requesting the free annual credit report but even that didn't work. At this point, I'm doubting if I even have a file with the Equifax credit bureau. I wanted to ask what I could do to clear this up.

I have credit cards with Discover and Chase with the same billing address, and they should be reporting to all 3 bureaus.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't seem to find Equifax credit report. Options?

Is there any other option to look up my Equifax report or contact them? 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ordered it from myfico?  You can also sign up at creditchecktotal.com.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am able to access information from my Experian and Transunion credit reports (through varied sources - Creditscorecard.com, creditkarma, experian credit report app), however I have not been able to use any means to get info from my Equifax report. Creditkarma can't seem to pull it up, and the same with Mint. I also tried requesting the free annual credit report but even that didn't work. At this point, I'm doubting if I even have a file with the Equifax credit bureau. I wanted to ask what I could do to clear this up.

I have credit cards with Discover and Chase with the same billing address, and they should be reporting to all 3 bureaus.

How long have you had the credit cards with Discover and Chase? 

You mention that you "also tried requesting the free annual credit report."  Did you do that through annualCreditReport.com?  If so, can you explain further what you mean when you say it didn't work?

Eventually it sounds like you will need to call Equifax.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Discover card for 13 months, and Chase for 7.

When I tried puling my credit reports through annualcreditreport.com, it said that it is not able to process my request at this time. I'm not sure if mailing the request in would have an effect and was a tad lazy to go through that process The same thing repeated when I tried online over several months. (I haven't been able to pull Transunion report either, but that is due to some security question issue, and I can see TU info in Creditkarma. Experian worked just fine)

Equifax is the only bureau for which I have no clue what they have on me, and I find that strange.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax has been having a lot of problems lately, and several myfico members report having split files and one or more accounts entirely missing from their credit reports.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like giving Equifax a call is the straightforward solution.  You can do that today, or you could decide to give them another 4-5 weeks while they are working on solving their database issues.

I did find this, which suggests that their solutions team has shut down their servers many times in Feb and March to address issues.  Maybe that's part of normal maintenance for any of the three CRAs, but from my naive perspective it does seem like a lot.

http://status.equifaxworkforce.com/en

Message 7 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Credit Karma has the Transunion and Equifax reports.

"Credit Reports" > "Go to Equifax Credit Report"

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That didn't work, Creditkarma only shows my TU info. When I asked Creditkarma's support about it, they said it meant they couldn't find the EQ file.

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like giving Equifax a call is the straightforward solution.  You can do that today, or you could decide to give them another 4-5 weeks while they are working on solving their database issues.

I did find this, which suggests that their solutions team has shut down their servers many times in Feb and March to address issues.  Maybe that's part of normal maintenance for any of the three CRAs, but from my naive perspective it does seem like a lot.

http://status.equifaxworkforce.com/en

It is pretty normal, but them not having backups up and running off those during maintenance is odd. I know they are aggressively seeking AI + machine learning + data linking engineers currently, so they are certainly working on something, or will be working on it soon, to fix their issues.

Anyway, call Equifax, or write, or fax, and request your credit file. Third parties being unable to find it is not indicative of a problem until you contact them about it. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.