cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you guess what's wrong with this picture?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Can you guess what's wrong with this picture?

@Remedios wrote:

it used to confuse the doodoo out of me when I had them

Lmao, funny and glad I'm not alone.  Thanks!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 31 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Uhoh LauraC. Sounds like you have some Gremlins 🤣

They can just settle down in the cobwebs along with the squirrels.

Message 32 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

duplicate

Message 33 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios 

I'm asking you cause you saw my reports the other day and now something else is weird.

From my loc, which was updated on Aug. 31, reflected the correct balance.  Even yesterday.  But today the balance changed to show an additional $410.  I called the bank because it worried me that I got charged something.  Everything is still the balance on my online banking and the balance from Aug 31 to Sept 1.  

Do you know why Exp. would update it with an additional $410?  The bank csr said I need to call exp.....I don't care to do that, no telling what all would be involved.

Message 34 of 58
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Remedios 

I'm asking you cause you saw my reports the other day and now something else is weird.

From my loc, which was updated on Aug. 31, reflected the correct balance.  Even yesterday.  But today the balance changed to show an additional $410.  I called the bank because it worried me that I got charged something.  Everything is still the balance on my online banking and the balance from Aug 31 to Sept 1.  

Do you know why Exp. would update it with an additional $410?  The bank csr said I need to call exp.....I don't care to do that, no telling what all would be involved.

In your EX app, go to your accounts, it will show last date account was updated under "Balance Updated". Whatever is on your CR should reflect what the balance was on that particular day. 

Bank CSR is right and wrong at the same time. The real question is, have you used  $410  from your LOC 

If not, and the bank is unwilling to report again, you can dispute balance. It's not a negative account, so no scoring drop will happen and it will force update to correct amount.

If you call EX, which is certainly an option, they will tell you that data came from the bank.

They would be right in a way that CRA only updates with incoming data, so $410 came from somewhere. 

Check the date first, though. Some lenders do not report what's present on closing date, but on reporting date. 

As an example, long time ago when I thought AZEO was a good game to play, I had a pending charge on Disco at the time of closing. I thought I was "safe" because the statement balance reflected $0.00. 

All good till they reported a day later, and they reported what was present on reporting date. Those $7.00 crushed my AZEO feelings and sky almost fell. 

Anyway, it's just an explanation in how it could have happened, but only if you accessed your LOC for that amount.  

Message 35 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Aug 31 it updated to $58767, all the way through yesterday it's $58767 @ 78%utl.  This morning I saw it as $59177 %79utl.  The csr at the bank confirmed my balance. No fees, charges, nothing.  My balance online and with the csr is $58767.

So now I expect going from 78% to 79% might (maybe) ding me?  Maybe tomorrow or something?  But the $59177 has never been a number at the bank according to the csr.  She couldn't find anything close to the $410 figure either.

Message 36 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Also, I haven't taken any money out of the acct. Noone has, we are trying to pay it down to change it to an installment by next Spring.  Oh, Exp. even shows the correct available money.  So the $ amts. don't even add up.

Edit Again: EQ and TU have the right balance and available.

and Again:  EQ doesn't show my AU's anymore, not even in the closed.

Could all this be from me having a lot of changes to my cr in the past 3 months?  I have closed accts. when I opened new ones.

Message 37 of 58
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just CMS fluff software quirks going on here, something that can happen across many sources.

Several CMS services that I use include my mortgage (as they should) when showing my debt.  My mortgage may be at a balance of (say) $130k, where my CC debt reported at any given time may be at (say) $2k.  The CMS will show my overall debt as being $132k, but utilization still at 1%-3%.  This is actually very common. 

Okay, thanks.  Glad to know it's common but was a first for me and baffling.

I'd dispute it with EQSmiley LOL

Message 38 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just CMS fluff software quirks going on here, something that can happen across many sources.

Several CMS services that I use include my mortgage (as they should) when showing my debt.  My mortgage may be at a balance of (say) $130k, where my CC debt reported at any given time may be at (say) $2k.  The CMS will show my overall debt as being $132k, but utilization still at 1%-3%.  This is actually very common. 

uhhhhhh, that's kinda conflicting, hahahaha.  "Dispute"  "Ok, Horrible Idea"......well, if in doubt don't; or do.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 58
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

uhhhhhh, that's kinda conflicting, hahahaha.  "Dispute"  "Ok, Horrible Idea"......well, if in doubt don't; or do.  Smiley Very Happy

"uhhhhhh, that's kinda conflicting"    .No, Thats what you get when you dispute anything with EQ.Smiley LOL

I threw EQ under the bus as HumorSmiley Wink

Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.