cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me....Vantage 4.0

tag
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Can you help me....Vantage 4.0

Wings Financial CU provides (and uses) Vantage 4.0 for credit approvals. They pull EX for me.

So......do I have only one Vantage 4.0 score or one for each bureau?

I am pasting the wording below from their website.

How is VantageScore® 4.0 unique?

  •  It is a tri-bureau score: a single score analyzing the data from all three reporting bureaus
  •  It uses trended credit data for deeper insight into borrowing and payment patterns offering a more representative picture of your credit right now
  •  It enables scoring of more consumers with dormant or brief credit histories
  •  It doesn't penalize you for rate shopping; eliminates duplication of hard inquiries within a 14-day period
  •  It doesn't consider certain public records, including tax liens, civil judgments and certain medical collections

 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0


@IaBoy62 wrote:

Wings Financial CU provides (and uses) Vantage 4.0 for credit approvals. They pull EX for me.

So......do I have only one Vantage 4.0 score or one for each bureau?

I am pasting the wording below from their website.

How is VantageScore® 4.0 unique?

  •  It is a tri-bureau score: a single score analyzing the data from all three reporting bureaus
  •  It uses trended credit data for deeper insight into borrowing and payment patterns offering a more representative picture of your credit right now
  •  It enables scoring of more consumers with dormant or brief credit histories
  •  It doesn't penalize you for rate shopping; eliminates duplication of hard inquiries within a 14-day period
  •  It doesn't consider certain public records, including tax liens, civil judgments and certain medical collections

 


the fact that we don't have a public facing Vantage 4.0 score ANYWHERE is such a fail on the part of Vantage and the CRAs, def would like to learn more about this as well

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24




Message 2 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0

@IaBoy62You could say yes. Credit Karma shows EQ and TU and they have their own Vantage score even though its Vantage 3.0.

"Based on mainstream credit data, VantageScore® is a highly predictive credit scoring model developed jointly by the top-three credit reporting companies (CRCs), Experian®, Equifax and TransUnion. VantageScore combines machine learning and advanced analytics to score a broader population while increasing consistency across all three CRC's. VantageScore 4.0, the latest iteration, provides even deeper insight into consumer credit behavior by incorporating trended credit data, which reflects patterns in consumer credit behavior over time. VantageScore 4.0 expands the scoreable universe to 96% of the U.S. adult population."

https://www.experian.com/business/products/vantagescore 


Message 3 of 24
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0

@GatoradeZeroGuy @FireMedic1 

 

...thanks for the input, I wish they would be more transparent with these Vantage scores. I got approved for Venmo VISA but Synchrony tells me they don't provide a free credit score with Venmo which I was looking forward to seeing my TU Vantage  4.0 score.

Message 4 of 24
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0

VantageScore 4.0 scores are calculated using data from each of the 3 major CBs individually - so you have 3 VS4 scores. I suspect you can purchase them direct from VantageScore or perhaps TransUnion. Years ago I received all 3 VS 3.0 scores from TransUnion as part of a trial credit monitoring service they offered.

 

Side note: Although all 3 CBs supported development of VS as competition to Fico, TU was most invested in the effort.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 5 of 24
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0


@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

VantageScore 4.0 scores are calculated using data from each of the 3 major CBs individually - so you have 3 VS4 scores. I suspect you can purchase them direct from VantageScore or perhaps TransUnion. Years ago I received all 3 VS 3.0 scores from TransUnion as part of a trial credit monitoring service they offered.

 

Side note: Although all 3 CBs supported development of VS as competition to Fico, TU was most invested in the effort.


I don't think you can actually buy them (vantage 4.0) anywhere though. 

 

You have to get them through a lender

 

 

 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24




Message 6 of 24
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0

I am actually shocked to hear that a credit union is using any vantage score in their lending decisions. Is this a new trend, or just an isolated case? I have seen very few outside of the rental industry actually use vantage scores.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 7 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you help me....Vantage 4.0


@sarge12 wrote:

I am actually shocked to hear that a credit union is using any vantage score in their lending decisions. Is this a new trend, or just an isolated case? I have seen very few outside of the rental industry actually use vantage scores.


No, not a new trend. Someone usually finds an obscure lender or CU that either uses a Vantage model or the older FICO versions for UW. Not sure why it would be a shock considering that not every financial institution has uniform or subscribes to the same UW standards that rely purely on FICO versions.

Message 8 of 24
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Vantage 4.0 Sources

Is certain Syncrony Bank cards the only way currently to get access to Vantage 4.0 scores? 

 

Are there other sources?

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24




Message 9 of 24
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Re: Vantage 4.0 Sources

Experain.com FICO 8 free every 30 days. Creditkarma.com I think it Vantage too but will give you TransUnion and Equifax .

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.