Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you limit these marketing ads?

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Can you limit these marketing ads?

I got offers from Credit One and several other similiar card issuers  a lot, and sometimes pay-day loans. I find this really annoying and insulting.  Can you tell the credit bureau that you don't want these sub-prime lender's offers but green-light thoese from certain creditors, like Chase/Citi ? 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Can you limit these marketing ads?

When you opt~out with the CRAs, they will take your name off of the promotional marketing list. There's no way to selectively pick which creditors to continue to receive offers from, it's either all or nothing.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And I wouldn't call getting subprime "insulting"  There is no real intent.  Merely that your credit profile meets (and exceeds) their very low standards.   Opt out, or just throw away unopened the ones you don't want.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The reason their promotional offers are often for less favorable terms is that if they obtain your name from a CRA to make an offer for credit, the offer must be a firm offer.

That means that if you, upon applying and review of your full credit report, are found to meet the normal criteria they specified when obtaining your name and address from the CRA, they must honor the "firm offer."

A less than the best offer gives them legitimate room for denial if the consumer then specifies better terms in their app.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.