cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel your CCT $1 trial instantly online!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel your CCT $1 trial instantly online!

This has come up in a few threads recently, but I haven't seen a dedicated thread to it.  You can now cancel your CCT $1 trial membership online through your account, instantly.  For those that don't like the email or phone methods of cancelling, this is a fast alternative.

1.  Log into your account

2.  Click "My Account"

3.  Click "Payment Information"

4.  Click "To cancel, CLICK HERE" (pictured)

5.  Click "Yes, Cancel My Membership" (pictured)

cctcancel.jpg

That's all there is to it.  One thing worth noting, though:  After you cancel online, you will not be able to do your second 3B report/score pull pull.  Unlike the other methods of cancelling where they give you 3 extra days beyond your 7 day trial where you can pull your 3B report/scores again, you won't be able to do that after an online cancellation using this method.  The partial work-around to this to ensure you get your second pull is to wait until exactly Day 7 of your trial, do your second (free) 3B report/score pull, then immediately cancel online using the steps illustrated above.  At least 1 member on here so far did state that he waited until Day 9 to do his second pull, then cancelling online without incident, but it's worth noting that they could bill you for a full month if you wait past Day 7 to cancel.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancel your CCT $1 trial instantly online!

@Anonymous wrote:

...  At least 1 member on here so far did state that he waited until Day 9 to do his second pull, then cancelling online without incident, but it's worth noting that they could bill you for a full month if you wait past Day 7 to cancel.

In more than one spot they give conflicting terms re: free trial. On the first offer page it says, "IMPORTANT INFORMATION 
When you order your $1 3-Bureau Credit Report & FICO® Scores, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in CreditCheck® Total. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period**, you will be billed $29.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel your trial membership anytime within the trial period without charge."

Yet at the bottom of the same page it says, "**Monitoring with Experian begins within 48 hours of enrollment in your trial. Monitoring with Equifax and TransUnion takes approximately 4 days to begin, though in some cases cannot be initiated during your trial period. You may cancel your trial membership any time within 9 days of enrollment without charge."

Then if you check Terms and Conditions it says, "If you do not cancel your free trial membership within 7 days of the date you place your order, your membership will continue automatically and the monthly/annual fee will be billed to the credit card ..."

But, in the very next paragraph it says, " If you do not cancel your free trial membership within 9 days of the date you place your order, your membership will continue automatically ..."

So I have chosen to wait to cancel knowing should I ever be charged I can always argue it says free for 9 days, But that has yet to come up. Just FYI

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done the 9 Day cancel before.

What happened was an auth was placed on my CC for the subscription on day 7, but was credited back hours after I cancelled on day 9.

YMMV, watch your pending transactions.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good time to mention the Visa gift card trick, were you simply obtain a gift card loaded with $25 or less on it and use that for CCT $1 trials.  With that card tied to your account, in the event that they ever do try to charge you for a full monthly membership, the transaction will decline... but you've got plenty on that card for a ton of $1 trials.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled today. How soon before I can do another 7 day trial?

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just cancelled today. How soon before I can do another 7 day trial?

If you cancelled online via the cancel button, probably tomorrow. When you go to sign back in it will say "You are eligible for another 7-day trial." (I did this last week because I needed a 2nd set of scores sooner than Day 8)

If you called, you need to wait for the trial to run out. (I usually do this one.)

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI just cancelled today. How soon before I can do another 7 day trial?

I've started another trial the day following the termination of a current trial.  If you call and cancel, they let your trial run past Day 7 until Day 10.  I would think then that at Day 11 you could do another $1 trial.  I'm pretty sure I've done this several times throughout my 40-50 $1 trials, but I haven't paid much attention to the actual days.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you James, and BBS! I don't know why anyone would pay $30 a month if you can just keep paying a dollar a week. I can't believe they let you keep doing the trial over and over. 

Message 8 of 15
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

I usually email them. that way i have record of the cacellation for proof but have just cancelled online too, better now have more options

Message 9 of 15
WD2005
Contributor

I just happend to have a Visa gift card sitting around with $19 on it. Used that to sign up tonight. Yay, it says I have "3 late payments" on my EX and "2 late payments" on TU and EQ. I wonder if an auto loan included in a Chapter 13 is considered late? 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.