Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling CCT

tag
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Canceling CCT

I signed up for the 1 week trial on the 3rd and have been trying to cancel since the 6th. I’ve sent two emails and tried calling on several occasions to use the automated syestem but it doesn’t appear to be working. I do not have the time to wait for an hour or more on the phone to speak to someone. Yesterday I was charged for the first monthly subscription and am debating whether or not I want to poke the bear with a disputed transaction from Chase. How have y’all canceled your subscriptions?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Canceling CCT

Email is the way to go.  9 times out of 10 they'll cancel your membership promptly when done via email.  Twice they haven't cancelled my trial on time and I've been billed the monthly subscription and both times when I've informed them of this (again, via email) they've been extremely polite and apologetic and promptly refund my CC.

Just forward them your first email from when you request cancellation, which will be time stamped and above the forward let them know that you have been charged, are upset and would appreciate a prompt refund.  Within a few days you'll see the funds returned to your CC and you'll get an apology/cancellation email from them.

I know it's annoying, but I can assure you that you won't be out any money. 

Message 2 of 19
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Tried emailing them to cancel and had no success. Had to wait on the phone for about an hour to cancel Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just put your phone on the charger and leave it on speaker while it's on hold. They'll tell you approx how long you have to wait before they put you on hold. Then go about your business (even using the phone)... I've done it, the music did about drive me batty but that was all. It's not like you have to sit pretty for an hour. You can do other things. Just have that membership ID number ready for when they do pick up.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Experian support number instead of the CCT number, explain to them you have been having problems canceling your CCT through multiple attempts/methods and see if they can help, little to no hold time with Experian.  Last week I tried CCT for the first time, when I used the automated phone system to cancel it actually canceled my Experian Credit Works subscription instead, I called the Experian number and the CSR was able to restore my Credit Works subscription and cancel CCT all in one shot. 
Message 5 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I tried to cancel as well. Got tired of being on hold. Luckily I use a prepaid card for these jokers. They can hit the card for $30 all they want. Lol
It's not going through.😂😂

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might send it to collections lol
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrokenBones wrote:

Tried emailing them to cancel and had no success. Had to wait on the phone for about an hour to cancel Smiley Frustrated

There's no such thing as having no success with this.  Sure, they may hiccup and not cancel you on time and end up charging you... but you have a time stamped email of when you DID cancel, which holds up and they WILL cancel your trial and refund your card.  All it takes is another email.  2 emails takes significantly less time than 1+ hour on the phone.  I agree that it's annoying, especially if you see a charge and then a refund on your card, but to me it's a small price to pay to save an hour or longer of my time.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled by phone.  On hold for over an hour!Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to brutal save your and just email them. Dv
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.