Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling MyFico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelling MyFico?

I love MyFico but I don't know if it's worth the $20/month at this point.  Should I be looking into alternatives?  If I cancel will they offer me a discount? 

If I cancel and decide I want to come back, will my score history (from when I had a subscription) still be in here?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cancelling MyFico?

@Anonymous wrote:

I love MyFico but I don't know if it's worth the $20/month at this point.  Should I be looking into alternatives?  If I cancel will they offer me a discount? 

If I cancel and decide I want to come back, will my score history (from when I had a subscription) still be in here?

I don't know on the discount side.

I *think* if you cancel and come back it will have the same information but don't quote me on that; I'm only suggesting that is when they changed the services at one point I got unenrolled and re-enrolled and I still had my historical data.

        
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long was your gap?

Message 3 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How long was your gap?

Couple of hours but in computer land that's eternity.

        
Message 4 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No. Before cancelling you should download whatever reports you want to keep.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I love MyFico but I don't know if it's worth the $20/month at this point.  Should I be looking into alternatives?

I think that answer would vary from person to person.  What something is "worth" varies greatly depending on who is considering it.  I don't know anything about MyFico subscriptions as I've never had one or considered one.  I know they have different level packages.  What does the $20/mo get you?  Do you "use" all of whatever is included for the $20/mo?  How many times can you pull your 3B reports/scores with $20/mo?

I'm a huge can of Credit Check Total and their $1 trial memberships.  At most I do two per month (so I spend $2/mo) which provides me with my 3B reports/scores once a week for the month.  These 4 pulls spaced 1 week apart for me is more than enough in terms of monitoring my reports.  This coupled with all of the free sites like CK, WH, CS, etc. I think arms most people with more than enough monitoring.  Again, this certainly varies from person to person.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only like 20 bucks a month ......pocket change
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's only like 20 bucks a month ......pocket change

Hey CCman!  The trouble with that line of thinking is that it could be said about dozens of expenses that our OP incurs each month.  Is he cranking his heat in the winter when he might be as happy throwing on a sweatshirt?  The extra cost is $20, pocket change.  Is he buying coffee at Starbucks three or four times a month -- pocket change again.  Paying for Showtime that he never watches?  PC, PC, PC.

There might be 20 or 30 expenses like that -- maybe a lot more.  They add up.  And we don't know how much money our OP is bringing in; what we do know is that he is responsibly reconsidering whether this particular expense for him has little value.  (It's also interesting that some of richest self-made men -- Sam Walton, Warren Buffett, etc. -- famously drove cheap old cars.  The habit of rethinking every aspect of their spending was so second-nature that it didn't occur to these billionaires to buy a 60k car when their 15k vehicle was running fine, even though 60k to them would be like a few pennies to you and me.)

Of course myFICO might be a great choice for you (if you are a subscriber).  My friend SouthJ gets a lot of value for his $40 MF subscription.  I am just saying that the OP is definitely making the right choice to think about dropping it, as it would be with any expense.

Just my two cents.  Hope you have a great Christmas.

Message 8 of 12
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

I agree with BBS. The Credit Check Total $1 trial is the best bang for the buck, no pun intended.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 9 of 12
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

$20 a month seems like more than pocket change. Personally I get my scores through my CC, and once a month you get a free, real, fico report here.. https://www.creditscore.com.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.