Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant recive Credit score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant recive Credit score.

Hey I have a question since im fairly new to this. Im 20 years old and have just started to build credit since i figured I would need it in the future. when I tried to check on my credit score via equifax for the first time ever it said there has been a loan taken out in my name and I had to give them some information on the loan in order to get my score. I have never taken out a car loan or a house loan in my life. Does that mean that someone has stolen my identity? no money has gone missing from my account ever so it dosent affect my financial situation but i would really like to know if someone else is using my name to take out loans and such. What should I do at this point?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Cant recive Credit score.

See if you can get a free report form each of the CRAs at annualcreditreport.com.  You get 1 from each CRA free every 12 months.

If you can't call the CRAs and you will need to send them copies of your identification in order to get a report.  It will need to be mailed to you.

Once you get them and find out there is something there, file a police report and send it to each CRA.  They will have to block that information.

It does sound like it or, and it does happen, that someone else's information is on your report.

Without having an account open and reporting for a minimum of 6 months you will not have a score. 

Message 2 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey I have a question since im fairly new to this. Im 20 years old and have just started to build credit since i figured I would need it in the future. when I tried to check on my credit score via equifax for the first time ever it said there has been a loan taken out in my name and I had to give them some information on the loan in order to get my score. I have never taken out a car loan or a house loan in my life. Does that mean that someone has stolen my identity? no money has gone missing from my account ever so it dosent affect my financial situation but i would really like to know if someone else is using my name to take out loans and such. What should I do at this point?

Next time you get asked that question, you should click the option for "none of the above".

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I've done that and wasn't able to get my reports.  None of the information was correct either.

Message 4 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

My wife has a slim credit profile, and when pulling a report directly from a CRA or using a site like annualcreditreport.com, it usually asks 4 questions.  It will usually say something like, "you may have opened a mortgage in 2007.  please select the lender".   My wife didn't even have a social security number until 2011, so the answer is obviously, "none of the above".   Then it will ask something like, "please select the amount you pay monthly for the above mentioned account".   Again, the answer is "none of the above".  Then it will state something like "you once lived in one of the following cities".   One of the answers is a city where my wife and I lived.

Even after answering all of these correctly, until my wife had about 6 months reporting history, the resulting message was "we don't have enough information to verify your account.  please call xxx number".   After some reporting time, she was able to answer the same questions, including the "none of the above" answers, and get her credit report.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I've had a credit report and credit, good and bad, for years.  So I know it isn't that. 

Always have been able to answer the questions.  This last time it asked me ones I had no clue to so I answered I didn't know.  They said they could not give me a report.

There is a fraud alert they are refusing to take off.  Said it will be 2015 before it is gone.  Been arguing about that for several years now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.